Past Guest Party

toddsmom

Going on the Conquest in November. My sister will be going with me, This is her 1st Cruise, and my 2nd. Am I allowed to take her to the Past Guest Party as my Guest. I would feel bad going without her. Thanks in advance. Donna:)

I don't give a rat's posterior if you go or not - it's up to your own moral/social compass.

If you do decide to bring someone, make sure your guest remains seated when they ask "Are there any first-time cruisers here?", which they always do.;)

We are all laughing about the massive whine on the RCL board. Gold and Platinum cruisers, now get 'recognized' [not invited!] as past guests. No more snacks, and **. [**Drinks available for purchase]

DIAMOND members no longer welcome in the CL, suite pax no longer welcome in that exclusive lounge. Now its DIAMOND + or Grand Suites pax only.

WHY?

OVERCROWDING by party crashers, " uninvited guests" of the guests.

Think it WON"T happen on Carnival? Think AGAIN.

Dan

I just got back from the Ecstasy. It was my 2nd cruise and my mom's first cruise (it was just the two of us). They sent me 2 invitiations...one for me and one for a guest. So, she went with me.

If it is just the 2 of you going...and Carnival doesn't mind, I say taker her and have fun. :)

When do you recieve your invitations? In the mail? At check-in? In your room?

We are all laughing about the massive whine on the RCL board. Gold and Platinum cruisers, now get 'recognized' [not invited!] as past guests. No more snacks, and **. [**Drinks available for purchase]

DIAMOND members no longer welcome in the CL, suite pax no longer welcome in that exclusive lounge. Now its DIAMOND + or Grand Suites pax only.

WHY?

OVERCROWDING by party crashers, " uninvited guests" of the guests.

Think it WON"T happen on Carnival? Think AGAIN.

Dan

You make a really good point Dan. I think another part of the problem for Royal was the extra credits for certain room types and the everyone using the address gets the privledge thing...cool but that can add alot of bodies quick - just like everyone bringing a 'non-past-guest' guest.

Maybe we can learn from the Royal Loyals and save our parties.

You make a really good point Dan. I think another part of the problem for Royal was the extra credits for certain room types and the everyone using the address gets the privledge thing...cool but that can add alot of bodies quick - just like everyone bringing a 'non-past-guest' guest.

Maybe we can learn from the Royal Loyals and save our parties.

I so agree. We have only cruised four times, so it is the only extra we get. I would hate for them to start charging. What kind of party do you get invited to that charges?

There is always a select few that think the rules do not apply to them.

Dan

You know I love ya.. But this is just a cheesy cocktail party, not the chaos of the current world.. lol

Party Crasher? I disagree.. merely, not my choice of terminology, the "guest of a guest"..

Anyone want my past guest invite - i will be more than happy to give it to you!! :)

When ALL of us think ALL the rules apply to EVERYONE except us, we have chaos. Read the paper, watch the TV, look out your door,---CHAOS!

I have a question about the past guest party that I hope you don't mind me throwing in here rather than start a new thread.

I will be doing a B2B soon and it will be my first time on Carnival. Obviously I won't be able to attend the first week but assume that I can on the second week. I have a feeling that as there is no past guest code attached to the second booking ( not regarded as a past guest until I have sailed ) that I will not get an invitation. Do you have to show the invitation when you go? If so should I go the pursers desk beforehand and get one or do you think I could just show up and explain the situation.

Any help appreciated.

I have a question about the past guest party that I hope you don't mind me throwing in here rather than start a new thread.

I will be doing a B2B soon and it will be my first time on Carnival. Obviously I won't be able to attend the first week but assume that I can on the second week. I have a feeling that as there is no past guest code attached to the second booking ( not regarded as a past guest until I have sailed ) that I will not get an invitation. Do you have to show the invitation when you go? If so should I go the pursers desk beforehand and get one or do you think I could just show up and explain the situation.

Any help appreciated.

You will be 100% qualified to attend on the second leg of your B2B. Let the Purser know just in case.

Dan

I personally agree with this statement--being in a GROUP does not give them the right to access. However, they CAN bring the 1 or 2 that are staying in their cabin with them. Again, this is from the Purser's desk, not from me :)

But it is rude to ask a host (Carnival) to bring a guest. Would you ask any other host, if you received a invitation to a party or wedding that only had your name on it? Yes if you are rude enough to ask, most hosts will be put on the spot and say yes, but that really does not mean they are welcome.

Personally I think it is rude if you invite someone to a party and not include "bring a guest". I have had gatherings and been asked "can I bring a guest/friends, kids or adult only, etc." Never once have I found it to be rude and I am a Southern girl. I was raised to say thank you and please, yes sir/ma'am etc. People are too freaking uptight these days.

But it is rude to ask a host (Carnival) to bring a guest. Would you ask any other host, if you received a invitation to a party or wedding that only had your name on it? Yes if you are rude enough to ask, most hosts will be put on the spot and say yes, but that really does not mean they are welcome.

Funny this came up - my first ever post on this board was the very same question that started this thread. Seconds after i posted it i stumbled upon this on, and to be honest, it really changes my opinion of some of the members here. It is understandable that a past guest should not bring a group of 12 into the party and expect to get them in, but you really think that it is rude to bring your significant other with you?? Give me a break.. I have been on eight past cruises with carnival, spent lots of money, and becuase of the fact i enjoy carnvial, convinced my girlfriend to take her first cruise with me on CARNIVAL. Carnival would expect that if a past guest is cruising with their significant other that him/her would join. I am sure if a Carnival rep were reading this they would agree 100%. If you really think that it would be rude to bring you wife/gf then you need to get off of your high horse and re-evaluate a few things.

Personally I think it is rude if you invite someone to a party and not include "bring a guest". I have had gatherings and been asked "can I bring a guest/friends, kids or adult only, etc." Never once have I found it to be rude and I am a Southern girl. I was raised to say thank you and please, yes sir/ma'am etc. People are too freaking uptight these days.

This has nothing to do with being rude on the part of Carnival. What is rude is someone taking advantage of a party they were not invited to. Bringing

someone with them that is not a Past Guest that is what is rude. Past Guest parties are for guess who? "Past Guests".

This is not rocket science, it is a party for those that have cruised before. This has nothing to do with being uptight, but it has everything to do with being invited and not being invited. It may not be the party of the year, or even close to it, but it is a party that I am invited to and one I do enjoy going to.

Funny this came up - my first ever post on this board was the very same question that started this thread. Seconds after i posted it i stumbled upon this on, and to be honest, it really changes my opinion of some of the members here. It is understandable that a past guest should not bring a group of 12 into the party and expect to get them in, but you really think that it is rude to bring your significant other with you?? Give me a break.. I have been on eight past cruises with carnival, spent lots of money, and becuase of the fact i enjoy carnvial, convinced my girlfriend to take her first cruise with me on CARNIVAL. Carnival would expect that if a past guest is cruising with their significant other that him/her would join. I am sure if a Carnival rep were reading this they would agree 100%. If you really think that it would be rude to bring you wife/gf then you need to get off of your high horse and re-evaluate a few things.

So, if everyone bring's in 1 "extra" guest that's o.k? Tell me where all these extra people going to sit? They only have accommodations for the people that are "invited." I guess that's why I had to stand @ the last one, and it took 30 minutes to get a drink.:(

"If you really think that it would be rude to bring you wife/gf then you need to get off of your high horse and re-evaluate a few things"

My wife sails with me so that's never an issue.:rolleyes:

Peace.

I don't give a rat's posterior if you go or not - it's up to your own moral/social compass.

If you do decide to bring someone, make sure your guest remains seated when they ask "Are there any first-time cruisers here?", which they always do.;)

I was thinking the same thing. On my last cruise, when that question was asked and all the hands went up, the CD actually asked them if they knew they were in the wrong place.

Wow, I had no idea that opinions were SO strong on this topic. I am a past carnival cruiser, and DH is not. I will NOT attend the party without him, as the point of our vacation is to be together. Before reading this thread, I would have assumed that it was okay to bring one's husband to an event such as this. Unless it's a bachelorette party, bridal shower or a girls' night out, there isn't any party I can think of in the "real" (non-cruise) world where I would be expected to attend without him. Guess things are a bit different on the high seas!

Wow, I had no idea that opinions were SO strong on this topic. I am a past carnival cruiser, and DH is not. I will NOT attend the party without him, as the point of our vacation is to be together. Before reading this thread, I would have assumed that it was okay to bring one's husband to an event such as this. Unless it's a bachelorette party, bridal shower or a girls' night out, there isn't any party I can think of in the "real" (non-cruise) world where I would be expected to attend without him. Guess things are a bit different on the high seas!

Pay no attention to the country club mentality.. bring your husband..

I think I understand people's different opinions on the matter. My question (being only a 1 cruise-chump at this time) is....Is this party that big of a deal?

Is it like the Captain's cocktail party (a couple free drinks and some meatballs) or is it that big of an "event" to warrant such an emotional exchange?

Oh...and since my wife and I are both past guests...but our room is only booked under my past guest number (at least according to the booking info I have) I wonder if she'll even get an invite?

Archived