Aft Cabin on Carnival Liberty?

Specter

Hey guys-

Just found out that there's a 72hr sale right now... so we called 'our guy' and he tried to get us the price reduction. Since we're outside of the 'penalty zone' (whatever that is), they couldn't offer us credit. All he could do it upgrade us to the Aft Cabins w/ Extended Balcony (Cat 8g).

We're told that you can fit lawn chairs/tables on there. We've never had an aft cabin... does ANYONE have pictures of the 8G Aft Cabins on the Liberty? Specifically, the balcony? It seems every aft cabin on every ship is different. We're in rooms 7444 & 7446.

The other thing he told us was that the divider opens up to have one large balcony. That doesn't appear to be the case, looking at the deck plans. Any input on this?

We just had an aft balcony on the Glory in Jan. We had 2 chairs, a lounge chair and a table on our balcony. There is a door that can be opened between the balconies, but not like the other balconies where the whole area is open. This is just door size.

We had some rough weather on our sailing and in turn had a lot of motion. Don't know if this is common or just because of the weather.

You shouldn't have any noise being on deck 7.

How big was the balcony? Was it big enough to have 2-3 lawn chairs on there? How was the noise? How was the motion on the ship?

I'd love to see any pics you have!

It is just extended a few feet. It had 2 chairs, 1 kind of reclined back. The balcony next to us had 3 chairs. You could probably get another one, just ask. The noise was not a problem except for one night there was a guy yelling but only last a few minutes. The motion was not bad at all. We love the back of the ship. Also the closet space was more limited in the aft cabin than others. But it was worth it.

You have to email me for pictures. The wife could not keep her top on:eek:

So the chairs were not full lounge chairs then? ie- fully laid back to sleep on?

Was it any wider/deeper than standard balconies? How was the cabin- any smaller than normal?

They are not full lounge chairs.

Not any wider probably narrower. But deeper. The cabin is a little smaller than normal but nothing that we did not like about it.

DANG! I was told they were LOUNGE CHAIRS... big enough to fit LOUNGE CHAIRS and TABLES on there... hmmm... feelin like I got screwed here. Maybe the view will make up for it? Did the bed face the DOUBLE FRENCH DOORS like we were told?

DANG! I was told they were LOUNGE CHAIRS... big enough to fit LOUNGE CHAIRS and TABLES on there... hmmm... feelin like I got screwed here. Maybe the view will make up for it? Did the bed face the DOUBLE FRENCH DOORS like we were told?

They are big enough, there just was not any on the aft balconies.

We were actually in room 7453. So unless it is different than yours there was not any double doors. A regular door and the bed does not face it.

And that is Ok because I stole the timer from someone else.

I see you were right in the middle of the ship. I read that those 2 rooms in the middle are skinnier than the rest on the level. Do you think the OTHER rooms may have been setup the way they told me? ie- double doors, bed facing window, etc?

Archived