Liberty of The Seas Tender Question

NavigatorBride

We are a group of 12 and have booked a private waverunner tour in Grand Cayman. Our ship is in port at 8am and we have to meet our tour operator at 8:30 for a 9 am tour. Has anyone done this or been on one of the first tenders off the ship? I'm wondering what time we should go and line up to get the tender and how long the process takes? I'm expecting to have to line up at 7 am, but don't know if we should give ourselves some more time.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I just booked a tour for the same time, same ship, but they told me that the 8:30 tour was 9:30 ship time. (I find the ship time/island time thing confusing! :confused:) You may want to clarify that with the operator.

Oh my gosh! Really? So if our documents say our ship is in port from 8am to 4pm that is really 9am - 5pm Cayman time...or is it 7am to 3pm? I would think that our tour operator would send us information in Cayman time so we have a extra hour? This is too confusing. :eek:

I just booked a tour for the same time, same ship, but they told me that the 8:30 tour was 9:30 ship time. (I find the ship time/island time thing confusing! :confused:) You may want to clarify that with the operator.

Thanks so much for the heads up. I am still going to try and be on the first tender off the ship, but I did find out that the ship stays on EST and Grand Cayman will be an hour behind that.

I checked a World Time Zone map and it looks like Grand Cayman doesn't have Daylight Savings Time. It's actually an hour behind Miami right now. I think I need to email Ebanks again....

So were you able to confirm that when Ebanks says meet at 8:30 am it means 9:30 ship time?

thanks a lot!

I'm hoping so. I called RCCL and they said that the ship stays on EST. I emailed Ebanks and Shawn said that they don't have Daylight Savings and are an hour behind EST. I have been checking other threads to see if I get any conflicting info, but it looks like our ship is in port at 7am local time. That gives us an hour and a half to get to the meeting spot. We are still going to try and get one of the first tenders off the ship though.

I went thru the same thing and got the same info - so hope it's right! As you said, it still means trying to get off the ship early, but at least should be less frantic than it originally sounded. Enjoy the excursion!!

Archived