Arcadia - what's it like? Dress code?

mrsaligee

I can show you what is Arcadia is like, here are 75+ photos of Arcadia, taken over 3 cruises I have done on her in 2006/2007 and 2008.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/AllAboutArcadia#

click link ,press slideshow...

She is a wonderful child free ship. Ofcourse there are formals, and as there are no children on there , very adult and very....formal!:) (ALL the pando ships have 2 formal nights a week)

She has a wonderful Spa with hydropool and relaxation beds in aroma steam rooms, she had Arcadia Rhodes - Garys restaurant onboard which is worth booking on the first day onboard for a extra special night, also The Orchid Thai restaurant is lovely too.

Any questions ask away

Sue - Arcadia Fan!:cool:

Arcadia's formal nights are rather more formal than on some other P&O ships - 95% of men wear dinner jackets & bow ties on a formal night, women dress to impress, and yet, somehow, and rather wonderfully, the atmosphere is nicely relaxed.

As a ship I enjoy the fact she's child-free, she's a large ship but doesn't feel "big", some folks complain that she's just full of open spaces but that's because they never found the many cosy places to chill with a glass of wine :-)

Both of her Masters (Commodore Steve Burgoine and Captain Ian Walters - when one is on shore leave, the other is in command) are very approachable. When Mr. Burgoine is onboard, Arcadia is P&O's flagship!

If Arcadia is going to the places you want to visit when you want to visit them, then try her out. But beware - she just might be addictive :cool:

VP

Got to agree I love Arcadia I have cruised 8 times and she is my fav I have sailed twice on Arcadia once to the Baltic for two weeks and last year in July to the Norwegian Fjords all the way to the nothern cape

Both cruises were fantastic

As a couple now 40 and 41 with no children we love the child free aspect we have no issue with Children but I don't want to spend my holidays with other peoples if I can help it

The pool area on Arcadia is a joy only mood music no screaming kids or splashing in the pool last year in Olden the roof was back the sun was shining it was 27 degrees we had the most stunning view along the fjord and up the vally to Olden it was paradise

I would say that the average age is higher on arcadia due to the Child free nature of the vessel but to be honest we don't find it an issue there is a real relaxed calm feeling on board and one can choice to be socialble with fellow passengers or not I'm a little shamed to say we do not last year had a table for two second sitting and apart from crew and staff we hardly interacted with anyone it was lovely

Must mention the Spa its the best I have been to on a ship and the staff a lovely unfortunately my love of Spa treatments tends to bump up my on board bill by the end of a cruise

The dress code does appear to be with held on Acardia and long may it continue I'm of the old school and like to dress for the Formal evenings

Enjoy Arcadia I'm sure I will be back on board again at some point in the future

Shame Azura is not going to be child free as well never mind

Soletred

On my album 'ALL about Arcadia' I have now added some photos since the refit showing the extended Aquarius deck with lovely dining and relaxing furniture...link in above post from me on this thread.

Sue

Dear all

Thanks for the information on Arcadia. Couldn't quite afford Cunard this year and we really like to dress for dinner. Don't mind children either way (soletread we are a couple same ages as you). Sue, I'll have a look at the photos.

Thanks all

Happy Cruising!

Mrsaligee

Archived