Need Help Deciding What To Do In Bahamas

cjankowski

Hi

My DH has MS so we usually try to do a tour where they take you around and tell you about the places. Sometimes we do a easy walk tour or garden thing. We try to find a hop on/hop off bus or taxi tour, as that way he can sit as much as possible.

This time around we will also have kids (8 and 11) which I know would like something fun or nice to see. They are very laid back easy going, so anything new to them is okay.

I just need something that would be okay for all of us to do.

Any suggestions on a good tour?

We have 4 kids 10m-10y. We booked a day room for $99 through the Sheraton 1-800# online. When we arrived in Nassau we packed one of our suitcases with bathing suits, hats, sunscreen etc. and anything we thought we might need. And headed off the ship. Then the girls all had their hair braided right outside the port. We then took #10 bus, directly to the Sheraton. It cost an extra $1 for the suitcase. We arrived at the Sheraton in about 15 min, after a beautiful costal drive. The front desk had our reservation and I had requested a first floor room. Check in took a little while-island time, but we got a first floor room. It was perfect. Our room had a patio that walked right out to the pool. All the amenities of the resort were included, towels, sand toys, beach games and activities, kid's club, even snorkle gear, kayaks and water cycles. The beach is beautiful with plenty of loungers and life guards. No one was hassling us on the beach to buy things. Our room was available from 9a-6p. There are a number of pools. Also there is a resturant right between the beach and the pools. Lunches were $9 for a kids meal (entree, drink, fries and cookie) and about $15 for an adult meal ( entree and fries or chips-I don't remember how much the drinks were). Portions were good sized. Seemed very reasonable. At about 5p my DH took the 10m and 2 yr old in for showers, and the 7y and 10y played in the pool outside our patio. Me- I sat on the patio and watched them. Very relaxing. After we were all showered and dressed we headed back to downtown on the bus. It was probably the most relaxing day of our cruise. No running around, and we did not have to go back to the ship wet and sandy. Will definately visit again next time we are in Nassau!

We paid by the braid, they each got a few long braids on one side of their head. Each braid was $3 + tip. If you want the whole top, or entire head there is a set price based on age and length of hair. Unfortunately, I don't know what it was. The braiding area is a pavilion on the Left as you come out of the cruise terminal. All the ladies wearing green vests are "licensed." There is also someone in the terminal that can assist you to get to the pavilion.

We have 4 kids 10m-10y. We booked a day room for $99 through the Sheraton 1-800# online. When we arrived in Nassau we packed one of our suitcases with bathing suits, hats, sunscreen etc. and anything we thought we might need. And headed off the ship. Then the girls all had their hair braided right outside the port. We then took #10 bus, directly to the Sheraton. It cost an extra $1 for the suitcase. We arrived at the Sheraton in about 15 min, after a beautiful costal drive. The front desk had our reservation and I had requested a first floor room. Check in took a little while-island time, but we got a first floor room. It was perfect. Our room had a patio that walked right out to the pool. All the amenities of the resort were included, towels, sand toys, beach games and activities, kid's club, even snorkle gear, kayaks and water cycles. The beach is beautiful with plenty of loungers and life guards. No one was hassling us on the beach to buy things. Our room was available from 9a-6p. There are a number of pools. Also there is a resturant right between the beach and the pools. Lunches were $9 for a kids meal (entree, drink, fries and cookie) and about $15 for an adult meal ( entree and fries or chips-I don't remember how much the drinks were). Portions were good sized. Seemed very reasonable. At about 5p my DH took the 10m and 2 yr old in for showers, and the 7y and 10y played in the pool outside our patio. Me- I sat on the patio and watched them. Very relaxing. After we were all showered and dressed we headed back to downtown on the bus. It was probably the most relaxing day of our cruise. No running around, and we did not have to go back to the ship wet and sandy. Will definately visit again next time we are in Nassau!

Ditto, another vote for Sheraton Nassau :)

Thank you for your advice.

I am not sure that this is what we want to do. I know the kids would love it. I get sick from the sun, DH can not go in pools as his multiple scrosis prevents him from having any balance & Grandma/Grandpa would not enjoy a day at the pools. Not there cup of tea. So I think I am going to try to pick something that everyone could do together. Maybe a island tour or something.

Does anyone have any good advice for picking places to go or how to do this.

Everyone talks about a guy by the name of Otis - he has a van and apparently others who work for him and they give tours of the island. Previous info on Otis from other posters............

Otis has a white van with the license plate NP345 he's usually at the port between 9:15-9:30 and somewhere on the boards was a number listed for him directly to set up having him as your tour guide - he's gotten several good reviews - I'm going to try him when I'm in Nassau on the 16th!

Archived