Embarking in Acapulco

sloney

Hello Cruisers,

We embark in Acapulco for cruise on the Island Princess and I have a couple of questions that I hope you would be able to help with:

We're not using Princess Air because we want to use our points to pay for the air, so I was wondering if anyone could recommmend a hotel relativeley near the Terminal that has a beach or a nice pool area?

I would also like to purchase some wine and champange. Can anyone remember a store close by?

Look forward to reading your advice

Susan

• 2 weeks later...

We embarked on the Coral April 2 in Acapulco.

Is there a reason you want to stay by the port? We flew in the day before and stayed at the Fiesta Americana. It was an excellent and reasonably priced place to stay. It is in the golden zone of Acapulco which is about halfway between the airport and the port. It is on the beach. There is an OXXO store directly across the street (like a 7-11.) I saw beer there and assume they sell other alcohol too. If not, there is a store that probably does about half a block away. There are also plenty of restaurants within close walking distance.

One thing we found out: every place accepts US money in Acapulco, but they will only give change in pesos. So it helps to have a lot of small bills, especially ones. Anytime my DH spent money (like for a cup of coffee), he'd use a $5 US bill and then give me a handful of pesos. Then I'd run over to OXXO and spend it. Have fun!

What I remember of the port was a few years ago. It is in the old town and the area around there wasn`t very nice. I don`t know if I would be too happy walking aroung at night there.

Archived