Cabana rental-half moon cay???

taben

Thanks Mona. What's the shopping like at Grand Turk? Any suggestions you would give having just been on the same itinerary we're doing? Were all the cabanas rented? What was the line to rent like when you boarded?

Thanks

Lisa

We stayed in the port area at Grand Turk. The only shopping I did was at Margaritaville. Looked like there were some high-end stores (jewelry, etc) that I wasn't interested in.

I don't know if all the cabanas were rented or not...but more than likely they were.

We were on the ship about 11:15am. The shore excursion desk opened at 12:30. We sat in the chairs near the desk until alphakitty and WinnipegCruiser showed up. It was us three in line and we were able to choose our cabanas.

Suggestions: If you're going to drink in Grand Turk, bring lots of $$$$. A Red Stripe was $6.75 each....ouch! At HMC, definately get a cabana!

I didn't see any gecko's at HMC.

On Grand Turk...we took a taxi and went to Bohio Dive Resort and snorkeled off the beach there. Nice little spot with a bar and restaurant, restrooms and equipment rentals for snorkeling. (Pictures in the link below)

Shopping at the cruise center was very varied...everything from expensive jewelry to booze to junk souvenirs.

We had a cabana at HMC and YES it is worth it! But try not to get cabana #1 - our friends had it and people on the beach kept trying to use their shower and sit in their chairs! We were in #2 but we only had a couple of people try to make themselves home. The further down the beach you go the less crowds you have to deal with. Our group had I think 9 of the cabanas - and those that were in the higher numbers said they had no problem with it.

I was part of this group, and four of us were in cabana # 9 or 10. We had the pink one. Our group did have 9 or 10 of the cabanas, and we did an all-day cabana crawl, where we would visit each cabana and indulge in special drinks at each stop. It was great. As mentioned earlier, the cost was $225, which came out to $56.25 per person. It also included a sumptuous buffet lunch at their pavilion and snacks and drinks in the cabana itself. Well worth it!

I didn't see any gecko's at HMC.

On Grand Turk...we took a taxi and went to Bohio Dive Resort and snorkeled off the beach there. Nice little spot with a bar and restaurant, restrooms and equipment rentals for snorkeling. (Pictures in the link below)

Shopping at the cruise center was very varied...everything from expensive jewelry to booze to junk souvenirs.

Thanks Kitty. I'm looking forward to snorkeling. Your photos are great and I love your avatar!

I appreciate everyones input about the little reptiles. No more photos are needed.....I'm good.:(

Are there any restrooms part of / or near the cabanas at all?

I chuckled when someone wrote to be sure to bring your "private cabana, nobody is welcome" sign. Made me think of the John Candy movie "Summer Rental". He leaves his summer rental home for a short time, and one by one folks from the beach pop in to use his bathroom, cook food, use his phone, etc. It's a great movie.

Anyhoo....Is HMC the only island that has cabanas? I Sooooooo want to go there after seeing all of the pictures.

I chuckled when someone wrote to be sure to bring your "private cabana, nobody is welcome" sign. Made me think of the John Candy movie "Summer Rental". He leaves his summer rental home for a short time, and one by one folks from the beach pop in to use his bathroom, cook food, use his phone, etc. It's a great movie.

Anyhoo....Is HMC the only island that has cabanas? I Sooooooo want to go there after seeing all of the pictures.

Bathrooms are behind the cabanas. It wasn't that far a walk for us in the last cabana #15. I'd say they are close behind #7 or 8.

There is a permanent sign up on the cabana that says Private or something like that.

I don't know if there are other islands with cabana's ...HMC is Carnival's only private island though. :)

It is even more beautiful than any photo can impart. :)

On our upcoming trip, it is just hubby and I......

I purchased our own snorkel equip (we got prescription goggles made) and snorkel, we just don't have fins (which are easy to purchase if we want)

We were thinking of getting a clamshell....I saw the photo of it.....

Does it come with chairs?

Is there a place to purchase food/water?

I know those items come with the cabana, but we aren't sure about spending the $$ for just us...

on our upcoming trip, it is just hubby and i......

I purchased our own snorkel equip (we got prescription goggles made) and snorkel, we just don't have fins (which are easy to purchase if we want)

we were thinking of getting a clamshell....i saw the photo of it.....

Does it come with chairs? the lounge chairs are free, even if you don't rent a clamshell.

is there a place to purchase food/water? they will have lunch from about 11:30 - 1:30....no charge. There is a charge for soda and water, just like on the ship.

i know those items come with the cabana, but we aren't sure about spending the $$ for just us...

hth

I was part of this group' date=' and four of us were in cabana # 9 or 10. We had the pink one. Our group did have 9 or 10 of the cabanas, and we did an all-day cabana crawl, where we would visit each cabana and indulge in special drinks at each stop. It was great. As mentioned earlier, the cost was $225, which came out to $56.25 per person. It also included a sumptuous buffet lunch at their pavilion and snacks and drinks in the cabana itself. Well worth it![/quote']

that is quite possibly the best idea i have ever heard of! how did you accomplish the specialty drinks?

On our upcoming trip, it is just hubby and I......

We were thinking of getting a clamshell....I saw the photo of it.....

Does it come with chairs?

Is there a place to purchase food/water?

I know those items come with the cabana, but we aren't sure about spending the $$ for just us...

i did the same thing! my hubby loves to scuba. we are travelling with friends, so this time i will snorkel. my mask, fins, and snorkel will be more than sufficient to use as scuba equipment when i focus on that! on this forum is a thread with a picture of the lunch menu provided on HMC. i look forward to the bbq. we are renting a cabana, and since they deliver hamburgers and hot dogs (BOO!) i will be walking to where the lunch is provided.

Hello! What is the charge for the Clam shell? I am trying to talk our group into renting the cabana for the day, but if I can't persuade them, I would want a clam shell!

Thanks !:)

Jackie

rent yourself the cabana!!!!!! ;)

Hello! What is the charge for the Clam shell? I am trying to talk our group into renting the cabana for the day, but if I can't persuade them, I would want a clam shell!

Thanks !:)

Jackie

I believe it is less than $20. I used to be $15, but I think its gone up 2 or 3 dollars.

There are bungalows on Princess Cay. do lots of reading so your know what is included and not included (varies by ship) They look a lot like these but have glass doors in front.

• 1 year later...

I see the pics and i love them. We just booked a cabana and it was only $199. Guess the price went down:confused: Im hoping i can pick out the one i want. Im so happy i got it after reading everyones reviews. How do people actually think its ok to go up on someones cabana rental? I do get nervous that they will try to take our scuba gear/water toys when we leave so i guess someone will always have to stay around or we leave in shifts to eat,ect lol.

Just back from fascination pre booked but you must get to the desk early to get the one you want first come first served.

Ridiculous, CCL is now allowing you to book on line. But, it still won't let you choose the cabana you want. Will they ever wake up?

Archived