Due to Redoubt all summer cruises cancelled

PK4SC

Yeah - my sister called me while I was at lunch and told me that the cruises to Alaska were being cancelled. She told me to check Cruise Critic. I did tell her that it was suspicious that today just happened to be April Fools Day!!! I see that she posted earlier on this thread - her name is cruisinwen. HaHa.

Nancy:)

Well, I got caught twice today!! First y'all with your cancelled post...sigh...then my BF says "looks like there is a strap broken on your new shoes"....I freaked....I bought them for the cruise and was just trying to break them in, not break them. Anyone else get "got" today?

Someone on my roll call posted that they had cancelled our cruise in protest of the changes RCCL recently made - we are after final payment so they would've lost a lot of money if that were true, but there was that moment there when we were all thinking...

We were going to do a week on the land in Denalis etc followed by the south bound cruise. But due to the Ash problem we decided to cancel our land tour and only do the southbound cruise. I suffer from Asthma and did not want to take a risk if the ash problem persists or comes back in the summer. The deals are great this summer, but we will do a land only tour next year.

I just hope the airport in Anchorage will be open in August/September for our cruise. The last time Mt. Redbout blew the activity lasted for 6 months - I hope it isn't the case this time. I assume that the cruise lines have a back up plan to get people in and out of Alaska regardless of what is going on with Mt. Redbout . We will have to get back to Seattle from Anchorage for our flight back to the East Coast in September.

Marion

I assume that the cruise lines have a back up plan...

Maybe if you're on a cruisetour--otherwise you are generally on your own, irregardless of who is providing your air. I'd assume that if we can't get to the ship on time, we'll have to read the fine print in the cruise line's cancellation policy...

Maybe if you're on a cruisetour--otherwise you are generally on your own, irregardless of who is providing your air. I'd assume that if we can't get to the ship on time, we'll have to read the fine print in the cruise line's cancellation policy...

We are doing the Northbound cruise tour with the tour at the end of the cruise. We will be with Princess in Alaska and they are flying us back to Seattle as part of our tour package. Our flight home out of Seattle we booked on our own.

Marion

In that case, Marion, you are far better positioned than the rest of us who are travelling southbound cruise-only. Fortunately for our group, we're flying in a few days early and therefore have some flexibility over those arriving and cruising the same day. We may miss our ship but I Redoubt it!

Archived