Booking cruises with PVP or online

2HawkFans

Hi everyone - just booked my second cruise last night. First cruise I booked completely online on my own and was going to again for this one but I had some questions so I called Carnival. We booked an extended aft cabin on the Victory for next February - the online price for that was $949 - when I called to ask a question they said they could get me the same cabin for $809. Is this typical? They also gave me an additional discount for booking a cruise within 30 days of returning so I actually got the room for $784 pp.

I guess I probably messed up on our first cruise in not booking it over the phone but I am an online junkie and just like to take care of stuff myself. What has been your experience?

I don't know about the bookin within 30 days of returning from a cruise but that sounds great. Congrats on the price differences. Were you going to book early saver or just regular? If not early saver, are you sure you didn't just get the early saver price? Just wondering but congrats anyway.

You should have gotten the "Welcome Home" $50 per cabin discount for booking a subsequent cruise within 60 days of departure of preceding cruise.

You want to determine if the "cheaper" cruise rate was actually an "Early Saver" booking, which gives you up t30% discount on the cruise rate and ability to get price drops until 2 days before sailing, but you lose your deposit if you cancel and you cannot change names on the booking. Apparently some PVP's and TA's "hook you in" on this lower rate, but fail to make clear the downsides.

ken

Yes - I think it was the early saver program but it looks like you can book that online as well. Not sure if there was other savings but I wondered if they held some cabins back just for the PVPs to sell and not allow all the cabins to sell via online. Either way - I feel good about it and hopefully the price will continue to drop so I can get some OBC that everyone seems to talk about!

Sherry

Archived