Barcelona Restaurants/Cafes?

Hi all, not looking for the high end joints here, more or less where we can hang out and eat and drink for a few hours... we like the family owned places... not looking for a $50 a plate touristy places.

We will be 7 couples traveling together so walking distance from the south end of Las Ramblas would be preferred.. we are staying at the Tryp Apolo on parrellel... which is supposed to be a convenient place to stay...

Thanks in advance.

Hi- Port Vell has lots of nice bars/ cafes that are good for spending a relaxing hour or so. It is just across the road from the bottom end of Ramblas- you cross over a little bridge to get to it. Also- if you go in the Picasso museum their cafe/ courtyard is delightful, and was deserted when I was there last Easter.

kate

There is a very nice cafe/restaurant on the 4th floor of the Museu d'Història de Catalunya (Plaça de Pau Vila, 3). It has nice views of the harbour, Barceloneta and Ribera; you can eat on the outside patio if the weather is nice, otherwise inside the glassed restaurant. Both areas are quite large, no problem for your group. The bargain lunch time menu del dia costs about €10.

We were in Barcelona in June of 2007 and truly enjoyed Les Quinze Nits. It is very reasonable and located in the Placa Reial right off of La Rambla.

http://www.lesquinzenits.com/

We enjoyed it so much we went pre-cruise and post-cruise!

By the way, it is wonderful to sit outside on the patio and people-watch!

QueScaisJe, Do you have to visit the Museu d'Historia de Catalunya (and pay?) in order to access their restaurant? If so, what is the entry fee? (I love a view!)

Mr. Baloo, There are also places to eat right in the middle of Las Ramblas (or were just a couple of yrs. ago!), under the trees in the center. These aren't going to be found in the Michelein Guide, of course, but the food we had was very tasty! At one of them we had a meal of palomillo steak (flank steak pounded thin) w/potatoes, a salad and carafe of sangria for a very, very reasonable price. They had menus w/photos of the food on them like you see in many tourist destinations.

We were in Barcelona in June of 2007 and truly enjoyed Les Quinze Nits. It is very reasonable and located in the Placa Reial right off of La Rambla.

http://www.lesquinzenits.com/

Can you be more specific about what you consider "reasonable"? There are no prices mentioned on the website. Thanks :)

We are hoping to buy some bread, fruit, etc. at La Boqueria for some breakfasts/picnic lunches during our visit. We're definitely not "foodies" and experiencing Barcelona gastronomy is not a priority for us, but we will probably eat out once a day to try a few of their dishes.

QueScaisJe, Do you have to visit the Museu d'Historia de Catalunya (and pay?) in order to access their restaurant? If so, what is the entry fee? (I love a view!)

No, you can go to the restaurant without paying for the museum. From the entrance, walk through the lobby to the end of the corridor, where you will see elevators. The restaurant is on the top (4th) floor.

Can you be more specific about what you consider "reasonable"? There are no prices mentioned on the website. Thanks :)

We are hoping to buy some bread, fruit, etc. at La Boqueria for some breakfasts/picnic lunches during our visit. We're definitely not "foodies" and experiencing Barcelona gastronomy is not a priority for us, but we will probably eat out once a day to try a few of their dishes.

Les Quinze Nits is very reasonable because it is actually a cooking school. I don't have the receipts since it was a couple of years ago, but I do remember that the prices were much lower than other restaurants of the same quality and atmosphere, which is why we went there several times.

You won't be disappointed. Also, since it is near La Rambla in the Barri Gotic area, you might want to stop by and look at their menus. We went because of many cruise critic recommendations and they were right.

Les Quinze Nits is very reasonable because it is actually a cooking school. I don't have the receipts since it was a couple of years ago, but I do remember that the prices were much lower than other restaurants of the same quality and atmosphere, which is why we went there several times.

You won't be disappointed. Also, since it is near La Rambla in the Barri Gotic area, you might want to stop by and look at their menus. We went because of many cruise critic recommendations and they were right.

We stopped here too and found it to be very good. But I'm not fussy but the service was excellent.

Archived