Cruising with Zihuatanejo on the list

patee333

I went on a cruise two years ago with Norwegian for the Mexican Riviera. Zihuatanejo was one of the stops and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!

But now when I do searches for Mexican Riviera cruises, I can't find any that stop there anymore.

What's the deal? Is anyone else having trouble finding a cruise that stops here?

Carnival Spirit out of San Diego is our preferred over the past 4 years

Next season we may try Radiance of the Seas in Nov-Jan

The season is ending for this winter as it gets hot HOT down there, and many of our winter based socal cruise ships head towards Alaska for summer

14114_080129111859803.jpg

Zihautanejo was gorgeous and as I sit here i'm looking at some of the art I purchased from a small shop. Definatly my favorite port of all Mexican ports. I did a quick search and saw that Holland American lines and Silversea are the only two lines that stop in the timeframe displayed. Remember that Ixtapa and Zihautanejo are on the same stop and are right next to each other. When I was there it was on Celebrity 10 day Mexican Riviera, but the itinerary must have changed.

briefly, zihua is a Small deep water bay, tender to cute immediate area "old world" town, beautiful beaches, nice views, artsy, Ixtapa is nearby, much more appealing than acapulco and manzanillo, a favorite port of call

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

STP61894.jpg

I went on a cruise two years ago with Norwegian for the Mexican Riviera. Zihuatanejo was one of the stops and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!

But now when I do searches for Mexican Riviera cruises, I can't find any that stop there anymore.

What's the deal? Is anyone else having trouble finding a cruise that stops here?

If you go to www.zihuatanejo.net , half way down on the right you'll see CRUISE SHIP SCHEDULES through 2010...

Archived