Good Seafoof Rest. in Galveston

toddsmom

If you want just fried seafood in a casual atmosphere, try Benno's (Seawall) or Shrimp and Stuff (Ave O). If you want more grilled options, try Gaido's as suggested, or its baby sister right next door, Casey's. If you've got a lot of time to kill, take the ferry to Bolivar and eat at Stingaree Restaurant in Crystal Beach. It'll be a long trip that you might not feel like making after your drive, but it's sooo good.

Agree with all the others

Stingaree Restaurant if you have time

Bennos(seawall), Shrimp and Stuff(39th and O) not fancy but good and cheap

Even Olympia Grill (Greek) on seawall has good seafood

Gaidos - a legendary excellent nice restuarant

Willie G's - on port nice restuarant

Upscale:

Rudy and Pacos - downtown by opera house 20th

(Central and South American style Seafood and Steaks)

Is Stingaree still standing after the hurricane? It was my favorite place but I just assumed it was swept away with everything else on Boliver. Can you even drive in that area yet?

Well, I just called Stinagree and they are open for business Wed-Sat 11am -9pm and Sun 11-7. That makes my day!

Patti

Is Stingaree still standing after the hurricane? It was my favorite place but I just assumed it was swept away with everything else on Boliver. Can you even drive in that area yet?

Well, I just called Stinagree and they are open for business Wed-Sat 11am -9pm and Sun 11-7. That makes my day!

Patti

Yeah, they came back so much more quickly than anyone expected them to. They were one of the first things open in Crystal Beach.

For a super casual place, I would also vote for Benno's. Our favorites include the fried shrimp, stuffed shrimp, and the gumbo.

For a little more up scale, then my choice would also be for Gaido's.

Have fun,

Jamie

We love Gaidos but Casey's is just as good with out as many specialties. Their Shrimp Combo is really great! We also love Fisherman's Wharf which is right near the pier. We try to sit in the Elissa room which overlooks the Tall Ship. They Shrimp kisses are out of this world!

Archived