Getting anxious about cruise with 7 month old in 17 days!

gagirl2006

The subject about says it all! I'm nervous about packing and about the ports. I'm not really too nervous about being on the ship because he's normally a great baby. We go out to eat a lot and he does great.

I just wanted to maybe get some comfort, "last minute" tips and advice. Or just chat about it in general,,,ha. People say we're crazy but I know it will be an awesome experience and we'll have a great time!

How cool will it be for my 7 month to be going out of the country for the first time and most people never even do!!

You will be fine! You will have a fabulous time and will come back with a truckload of adorable baby cruise pics to prove it. :D

If I were you, I would be more concerned with your budget and those ship photographers. Good luck saying "no" to all of those 8x10's of your little boy dressed up for dinner. :p

So what ports are you nervous about?

Thanks! I am very excited about the pictures! I have to get him a cute hat and shades for the beach to pose in! He's just started sitting up a little and getting on all fours so I think he'll be crawling by then if he can figure it out! I will definitely be spending money on cruise ship pics b/c we've never bought any on the 3 other cruises we've been on alone!

I'm nervous about Cozumel and Calica. We just decided to hang at the beach and shop at both ports. My husband would love to see the ruins in Cozumel but is worried about going with baby.

We are also going with a 7 mo, but in August/September. We are doing a western med itinerary. I can't wait. We are also traveling with our 5 yo and with my mother in law. My little girl is only 2 months now and it's impossible to tell how she will be like in August but I remember we went on vacation with my son when he was exactly the same age and we did just fine. The only thing is that we chose a beach vacation and even though we only went to the beach at 8 am and 6 pm, I think he probably got a bit too much sun for his age. But he really enjoyed every part of his vacation, never complained, was allways in a great mood and we do have a lot of great memories and wonderfull pictures "to prove it". :) Actually some of my favorite pictures of him were taken on that vacation. He was just so adorable at that age.

I'm hoping my little girl will also enjoy beeing with all of us in a different setting. It's also my mother-in-law's birthday.

The thing that concerns me the most is nap time. I don't know how she will be at that age, but how can one have naps when we are going to port and all that? I'm hoping she will sleep on the stroller but can't really imagine how that will turn out. :confused: What if she just doesn't stop crying and we finally have to stay on the boat? Because I don't see myself with a baby crying all the time or a week. I'd probably just respect her sleeping hours if she gets demanding.

When we took my son on vacation, we just let him sleep all he wanted and hanged out in the room with him. But I remember he slept really well in the stroller as well, so if we needed to go out he would sleep just as well...

Just take a deep breath, it will be great! Everyone on the cruiseship for the most part will be in great moods, happy, smiling, and adoring your little one so even if he acts up, chances are its much more noticeable to you than those around you. Just take it easy and go with the flow. Try to feed and nap him at his usual times. If he's fussy do less, if he's doing great do more. We always choose the beach in ports too. You will have some great memories to share with him when he is older. We first sailed with my DD when she was 7mo, she's 3 now. We will be sailing with my son at 8mo this summer!!

My daughter on her first cruise at 7mo

2363603490105016462S200x200Q85.jpg

At the beach, her first visit in Cozumel

2456103090105016462aqLFwS_th.jpg

On the balcony, with my right there of course

2703250480105016462S200x200Q85.jpg

Plan on a big photo budget!!! The photographers love the kids. I'm lucky if I can keep it down to a reasonable amount, they look that great! Years ago on dd1's first cruise the photographer wanted a pic of her wearing a captain's hat the last night...they got them at Camp Carnival, I told him I had already bought all the pics I wanted. He said he wanted it for his collection, she was so cute! We looked the last day before debarking, and the photo wasn't there. It's been 14 years, and I still wonder what really happened to that pic!

Archived