Pirate Party Cruise & Shipwreck Snorkel Tour???

tmitchell82

• 9 months later...
We are looking at doing this excursion through Princess on our cruise in a few weeks. Does anyone know anything about this excursion?

This looks like an interesting excursion, but I can't find ANY recent posts about it. Did you end up doing it? How was it?

Sherri

We did end up trying to do this. The boat is essentially a 3 story ferry type ship, nothing real special. More like a party barge. The only real pirate part was the crew that was dressed up somewhat like pirates. The boat basically sails from the harbour to an area of a beach where they are suppose to transfer you to a smaller boat and go to the beach for snorkeling. You do not snorkel off the big boat, but rather near the shore. They day we were in Barbados, the seas were pretty choppy and once we got out near the beach and were going to transfer to the smaller boat to get to shore, they ended up having to cancel the excursion, so we did not do any snorkeling. Was the right decision to make. Also, they did not have enough snorkeling gear for everyone and the slide they showed in a picture was not available. Not an excursion I would recommend.

Tim

We did end up trying to do this. The boat is essentially a 3 story ferry type ship, nothing real special. More like a party barge. The only real pirate part was the crew that was dressed up somewhat like pirates. The boat basically sails from the harbour to an area of a beach where they are suppose to transfer you to a smaller boat and go to the beach for snorkeling. You do not snorkel off the big boat, but rather near the shore. They day we were in Barbados, the seas were pretty choppy and once we got out near the beach and were going to transfer to the smaller boat to get to shore, they ended up having to cancel the excursion, so we did not do any snorkeling. Was the right decision to make. Also, they did not have enough snorkeling gear for everyone and the slide they showed in a picture was not available. Not an excursion I would recommend.

Tim

Thanks for your reply. That certainly helps! I'm sorry no one was able to be this helpful for you and that your excursion didn't go well.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for your reply. That certainly helps! I'm sorry no one was able to be this helpful for you and that your excursion didn't go well.

Your welcome. Excursion was not the best, but then again, I was on a cruise so how bad could life be.....

I did hear some folks on our cruise talk about the snorkel with the turtles and spoke highly of it. Something to consider.

Tim

Archived