Favorite Wait staff Story

Mooder

You know the battery charged candles that are on the dinner tables on every restaurant on the cruise. Our son was 11 months old when we cruised to Alaska on the Pearl last year. Every night he used to play with them at the dinner table (regardless of the restaurant) while sitting on his high chair. We actually thought that this was a blessing, because he would be occupied for the next hour without disturbing us and he would eat his dinner also while playing with those battery charged candles.

One night at the buffet (nonetheless) one of the waitress passing by noticed how excited he got as soon as he saw one on the table. The waitress let us finish our dinner and stopped by when we were done. She asked us if we would stay a bit longer as she had something for my son. She went inside and came back out with a tray full of those candles and words can not express the excitement on my son's face. He was beyond ecstatic. I wish I could upload the picture we took of him at the time. The waitress played with him for the next 15 minutes, as she said she was done for the evening. My wife made sure that the waitress left happy from the table also for the really nice gesture and thoughtfulness.

I hope I made sense

This was about 9 years ago, I was only 20 at the time and NCL was still doing set seating or actually it was while at sea you had assigned seating and while in port it was freestyle. My waiter was Lloyd for our assigned seating and he was great always knew exactly what I wanted before I did. One night I got off the boat in Bermuda and went to a bar, there was a ton of people and one guy just grabbed me and started making me dance with him, Lloyd was right there, standing at the edge of the dance floor he took a step forward like he was going to pull the guy back until I said it was ok and then he just stood there the whole time watching over me, he was truly being protective. It was very sweet.

Now fastforward 8 years and I was on NCL dream last year with my now 5 year old son *4 at the time. A waiter from a completely different table saw my little guy and came over and spent 10 minutes at our table joking with him and folding up the kids menu into a bird, which we still have. The staff is always so great with the kids, no matter where we went people made sure to pay special attention to him!

On a cruise aboard Empress of the Seas several years ago we had a head waiter who stayed 20-minutes after the completion of our 2nd seating meal to fold and present tiny origami animals to everyone at our table. We still have our penguin and turtle who are dwelling amongst our collection of cruise ship models. :)

Archived