How to set up Meet and Greet?

Arwenmark

I would consider an unfair question to be as example: Asking the F&B Director or the Captain why there is dust under your bed or how often the sheets are changed. They simply would not know the answer, and some people demand an answer. If they are given a list of questions prior to the M&G, at least they could have the appropriate person there or get an answer for you from them.

Hmmm. I was going to ask about how often the sheets were changed. Just curious, not trying to be confrontational. I would think that would be a decision from the top, wouldn't it?

Other opinions on this? I've been on cruises that last as long as 28 days.

A decision from the top? They change them between guests and most likely IF you were in a two week they would change them at the end of week one and if something made them particularly dirty they would change them for you then. It would not be a decision FROM THE TOP it would be standard company policy and if anything more would be a decision by the head housekeeper.

Hmmm. I was going to ask about how often the sheets were changed. Just curious, not trying to be confrontational. I would think that would be a decision from the top, wouldn't it?

A decision from the top? They change them between guests and most likely IF you were in a two week they would change them at the end of week one and if something made them particularly dirty they would change them for you then. It would not be a decision FROM THE TOP it would be standard company policy and if anything more would be a decision by the head housekeeper.

I would ask the room steward, and if the answer is not what you want, tell him how often you would like them changed, and I would bet he will do it. If not, then speak to his boss.

This question may be off topic a bit,,,but does NCL offer any perks or benefits for the person who coordinates the Meet and Greet? It was asked on a recent roll call and not answered. I had not heard of this before.

This question may be off topic a bit,,,but does NCL offer any perks or benefits for the person who coordinates the Meet and Greet? It was asked on a recent roll call and not answered. I had not heard of this before.

Sometimes, but it can vary by who's on board (concierge or group coordinator). It can be just a very thoughtful gesture (like chocolate covered strawberries) to thank you for your time and trouble of being the go-between for your group and NCL. But honestly, and as the person who set up our M&G & had never saled NCL before, the attention we received from the officers who attended was definitely enough. Their time is very valuable, but they realize the added benefit of being available to those on CC.

As far as many talking about the structure of their party - we didn't have one. It was a very casual mingling - we didn't all sit and face one way, while the officers faced us and spoke to the group. We all moved around the room and had different conversations. And our game was just guessing who people and their screen names. That was enough for us.

We have participated in all of the meet and greets on each of the cruises we have been on and look forward to the next one. We have gotten to know many of the officers and enjoyed their company all during kthe cruise. I agree that was enough. Thank you for answering so quickly.

That's what I mean by "the top." I meant it was not made by the cabin steward on a whim. I think it's a fair question to ask at an M&G.

I would ask the room steward, and if the answer is not what you want, tell him how often you would like them changed, and I would bet he will do it. If not, then speak to his boss.

Sorry - but that's not the point at all. We're talking about questions to ask at an M&G. I figured the room stewards were told a certain thing, and I wondered what it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Does NCL have a minimum number of people that they want confirmed before they'll dedicate a public space to a Meet and Greet? How small or large of a group do you think it has to be before a meet and greet meets informally somewhere vs. a dedicated public space. We have a small roll call - maybe around 30ish or so, and not sure if all would attend.

Does NCL have a minimum number of people that they want confirmed before they'll dedicate a public space to a Meet and Greet? How small or large of a group do you think it has to be before a meet and greet meets informally somewhere vs. a dedicated public space. We have a small roll call - maybe around 30ish or so, and not sure if all would attend.

They don't require a certain amount, however, be honest with them as to the amount you expect to attend. If you only have 30 on your total roll call, don't tell them 30 because they will prepare for 30....danish, etc, and you don't want them to go to a lot of work for only a few people. Try to get as close of a count as you can and give them that number, no matter how small it is.

CG

Could we challenge the crew to a game of beer pong (one of my personal fav's)?

I think I'll bring that up at our M&G in June! Having a drinking game with the ship's crew sounds like fun!:D

There's no telling where we'll wind up!!:eek:

"Hey, Captain! I can slam 10 tequila shots in a row! Let's race to see who finishes first!"

SH:D

I think I'll bring that up at our M&G in June! Having a drinking game with the ship's crew sounds like fun!:D

There's no telling where we'll wind up!!:eek:

"Hey, Captain! I can slam 10 tequila shots in a row! Let's race to see who finishes first!"

Hey, SH, turn it into a contest! See who finishes those 10 shots first...you or the captain...and whoever wins gets to drive the ship! :D

CG

Hey, SH, turn it into a contest! See who finishes those 10 shots first...you or the captain...and whoever wins gets to drive the ship! :D

CG

I hope it's me! We could have people ski behind the ship if I was driving!:eek:

Skied behind a rowboat with a 12 horse once... once behind a 38 footer once. Desperate times...

However, technically I think you folks are talking a variation of Beer Pong with tequila... Maybe 'worm pong' or 'golden pong?' Beer Pong is sometimes referred to as 'Beirut' (don't know why).

I was kidding about challenging the crew to a drinking game, btw LOL.)

Love the avatar, Monte. Much cuter than the last one. Does it have a story?

No story-he's a Disney Character from the Journey to Imagination Pavilion at EPCOT

"Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow, horns of a steer, but a lovable fellow. From head to tail, he's royal purple pigment, and there, voila, you've got a Figment."

http://www.figmentsimagination.com/fimain.html

Sadly, it seems Disney has retired him :(

No story-he's a Disney Character from the Journey to Imagination Pavilion at EPCOT

"Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow, horns of a steer, but a lovable fellow. From head to tail, he's royal purple pigment, and there, voila, you've got a Figment."

http://www.figmentsimagination.com/fimain.html

Ahh, I thought I'd seen that little fellow before! :)

They don't require a certain amount, however, be honest with them as to the amount you expect to attend. If you only have 30 on your total roll call, don't tell them 30 because they will prepare for 30....danish, etc, and you don't want them to go to a lot of work for only a few people. Try to get as close of a count as you can and give them that number, no matter how small it is.

CG

I'm wondering when small is too small to have it structured through NCL. We're at 27 and counting, and others (part of that 27) haven't said whether they'd even be interested in a Meet & Greet.

Where has anyone found to be a good location for an informal Meet and Greet (not organized through NCL...just meeting somewhere)? We'll all be on the Gem if that helps.

I'm wondering when small is too small to have it structured through NCL. We're at 27 and counting, and others (part of that 27) haven't said whether they'd even be interested in a Meet & Greet.

Where has anyone found to be a good location for an informal Meet and Greet (not organized through NCL...just meeting somewhere)? We'll all be on the Gem if that helps.

You know, getting everyone on our roll call to unify and move on something is kinda hard isn't it? Not that I don't understand life can be hectic and we do have to work to pay for the cruise usually. But when we finally get it done I think it will be so rewarding to see all these different people from all different places come together.

You know, getting everyone on our roll call to unify and move on something is kinda hard isn't it? Not that I don't understand life can be hectic and we do have to work to pay for the cruise usually. But when we finally get it done I think it will be so rewarding to see all these different people from all different places come together.

I'm willing to contact NCL and organize it through them, but I have asked for someone else to step up and keep a list of people's celebration events (i.e. why they're cruising). I'm not going to get fancy like some of the other events I've read about. I think our group would be happy with something simple. I don't want to bug people...

I also plan on something simple and staightforward. Especially since our first sea day is day 3 of a 6 day cruise. To me a meet and greet is to meet and chat not get together and play silly games LOL.

I also plan on something simple and staightforward. Especially since our first sea day is day 3 of a 6 day cruise. To me a meet and greet is to meet and chat not get together and play silly games LOL.

I agree. The basics is what I'm after. Simple, no games, no exchanges, no door labels, etc.

Our group has decided to forego the NCL M&G (they offered 11:00 AM in the Magenta dining room) for something more informal. We will be meeting for cocktails before dinner on our sea day, very simple, a drink, a few chats, and the opportunity to meet up with those we will be sharing tours with over the course of the week.

I did make an "invitation" (RSVP) which I posted on our roll call, and emailed to those who had posted their email addresses on the thread at one time or another.

I have posted for a meet and Greet on our July 12th sailing to Alaska on the Pearl and the response has been very poor. More than half of the postings are mine, either welcoming new posters or asking for names. Only one or two have given their first names. They are mostly large families of 12 or more and add up to approximately 60 people but only 7 postings. I am considering backing out of the project of organizing it because of lack of interest. My last post, over a week ago, asked if anyone was going to commit to attend and no one has answered...so....it is not worth the work to be there alone. What do you think? It is frustrating!

I have posted for a meet and Greet on our July 12th sailing to Alaska on the Pearl and the response has been very poor. More than half of the postings are mine, either welcoming new posters or asking for names. Only one or two have given their first names. They are mostly large families of 12 or more and add up to approximately 60 people but only 7 postings. I am considering backing out of the project of organizing it because of lack of interest. My last post, over a week ago, asked if anyone was going to commit to attend and no one has answered...so....it is not worth the work to be there alone. What do you think? It is frustrating!

I feel your pain, Eileen! I can't tell you if it is worth it or not, but I do agree that I would be feeling very frustrated. Perhaps as your sail date moves closer, you will have more activity on your roll call.

Archived