What our family did in Curacao

KAP

In Curacao, I arranged a tour with a local tour guide. The guide showed us around town then took us to the Boca Tabla sea caves. The caves were interesting and very spectacular to look at. We then drove to the very north end of the island and looked at several small beaches that are very picturesque with cliffs and beautiful blue waters. We then drove to Playa Portomari, one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Full services including a dive shop were available. We snorkeled almost the whole time we were there. There is interesting snorkeling close to the beach but I thought the best was further out in deeper water past the swim raft. I enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about the island but if I ever am in Curacao for just a day again I will just head to Playa Portomari. It is a 30 or 40 minute ride from the pier. We had a large group so the price per person was just $40. We had 27 in our group (we joined with another group we didn’t know) and the guide arranged for a small bus to take us around. One fun thing we experienced is an iguana that crawled on the road. The bus driver stopped the bus and picked the iguana up. We all got an up close and personal visit with the iguana.

Archived