Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Friends from our very 1st Cruise in 2002, did 2 or 3 Tahiti Cruises and I have always thought of doing one. I think what deters us is the long flight over and back. Now unless we could manage that 30 day Australia on Princess, back to Los Angelas, that would take care of the long flight back.

Gay

I've done the Tahiti to L.A. cruise and didn't look forward to the long flight either however we took Air Tahiti Nui and it was wonderful. Between eating and watching movies the time flew by.:)

I didn't realize there was a Tahiti to LA Cruise. Which Crusie lines offer that. Only one I know that does soemthing similiar is Princess and their 30 day Australia to LA. RCL does one just back to LA from Sydney, would prefer Princess for that cruise.

We totally enjoyed the Radiance going to Hawaii, best cruise ever.

Mountainhouse, at the time we thought the QB was fantastic, but nothing like they are today.

Gay

We just completed a 10 San Diego to Alaska on the Radiance. It's wonderful having great ships now on the west coast, flying across country is a pain especially with fees for luggage:( (hint: fly Southwest, no fees). Looking forward to another 10 day cruise on the Radiance in Dec. out of San Diego.:)

Welcome to these threads!! please stop by often and chat with us - I love the Radiance - we did the Panama Canal on its inaugural voyage 8 yrs ago. Carol

Hi all, I just found this thread. I'm a California high desert rat, getting ready for cruise no. 4 in September. The cruise... I can hardly stand the wait.... the air travel, not so much. We're on the Oosterdam in the Med on September 4. We have to fly from Ontario (CA) to Atlanta, a 6 hour layover, then direct to Venice. Same thing on return, from Barcelona. Anyone have wonderful, marvelous ideas of how to make that travel day even a teeeeny bit more pleasant? I hate the rude bump of the letdown after a marvelous cruse.

A huge welcome megandab and please head over to our Calif Thread or Left Coast Cruisers as we have referred to ourselves, just click the Calif Link below my signature. Also if you have nothing planned for April 10, 2011, we have organized a Group Cruise to Mexico. We have a TA who is handling it for us or some have chosen to book themselves, eitherway, we would love to have you join us. My name is Gay, DH is John and we live in Palm Springs.

Gay

GLea472968 at aol dot com

Good to meet so many folks yesterday at the Roadhouse! Thanks for the invite, Carol. We had a great time!

--and many more to follow - sorry about the noise - I was excited about having our own spot but then I didn't realize the noise level would be that high - that's ok - I know we all had a good time - nice meeting you and Marianne too - I'll be sending you 'real' pics when I get them copied - you'll need to send me your snail mail addy

carfieldtnepo at comcast dot net....

Carol

Hi all, I just found this thread. I'm a California high desert rat, getting ready for cruise no. 4 in September. The cruise... I can hardly stand the wait.... the air travel, not so much. We're on the Oosterdam in the Med on September 4. We have to fly from Ontario (CA) to Atlanta, a 6 hour layover, then direct to Venice. Same thing on return, from Barcelona. Anyone have wonderful, marvelous ideas of how to make that travel day even a teeeeny bit more pleasant? I hate the rude bump of the letdown after a marvelous cruse.

Have a great cruise - in fact, I know you will -

yikes! that 6 hr layover would drive me nuts - airports are not comfy unless you are in a special lounge -

I didn't like flying from SF to NJ or NY then on to Barcelona ... but it was worth it. Hope you continue to visit us here often - you are most welcome to join our gang of the nicest folks ever! Carol

I find flying to be boring...most of the time.If I was close to a port where I did not have to fly I would do it. This time will be an even longer flight than the last time.(hard to do the Carribean from SF). Anyway got our flight arrangements and hotel booked today.

This will be a nice trip as we were just on the Infinity and the layout is the same.. so at least I won't be lost.:D

I find flying to be boring...most of the time.If I was close to a port where I did not have to fly I would do it. This time will be an even longer flight than the last time.(hard to do the Carribean from SF). Anyway got our flight arrangements and hotel booked today.

This will be a nice trip as we were just on the Infinity and the layout is the same.. so at least I won't be lost.:D

So far I still have my heart set on the Infinity for May 2010 - Alaska - unless I can deal with an Sf to Ak back to Sf route== that's Princess... I really wanted an RCCL from Sf- AK- Vancouver and don't mind the flight back from Vancouver, but that route is not available unless we start in San Diego. So I have to make a decision cuz i'd like to start planning ... Our friends were on the Millie when they did the Medtn and they loved the ship - then someone didn't like it when they did the AK sailing - oh well, everyone thinks differently - I also have friends who just LOVE Celebrity and ALL their ships - as well as RCCL too.

WE missed you yesterday Barb - next time... Carol

Carol he/she stopped by our Calif thread, saying something about ' We celebrated his birthday as it was sameday? didn't say hello. According to their join date, it was yesterday, so strange response from someone who just joined.

Gay

Yes, I saw that - it was strange - first posting for that person. carol

We have have new arrivals to our Calif thread, Bill & Doris from Northridge. Well my duties are done, helped John set a base for the ceiling fan he is putting up in the workshop.

Our little Marmy continues to follow me around to whatever room I go to. If I leave my post at the computer he has to keep an eye on me to see where I am going. :)

construction.gif

Gay

Sorry I missed the lunch also Carol. Hopefully there will be another soon I can make.

Missed you too - I am sure with you and me here in Antioch, we can get together some time - it was fun - I know you would have had fun -

from the other first lunch, repeaters were: Glenda, Jill, Ed and Kathy -

Carol

It sounds like a fine time was had by all who attended the luncheon. :)

We did have fun with our cruise buddies for the upcoming Alaska cruise. I always enjoy sharing the anticipation and planning for a cruise. That's one of the reasons I join a roll call as soon as I book a cruise. :)

Nancy I am really glad that many of our Hawaii Roll Call friends are helping keep our board going. It isn't alot but we seem to be the more chatty ones of the group.

gay

There are a few of us from the Caribbean cruise in January who still post quite regularly. :)

Archived