Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

No I talk much more than Gene unless you get him talking Cubs or work.

I just got back from reading the Carnival threads about the Splendor. I had called my PVP about a question and he was trying to get me on the Splendor this Sunday. 299 pp balcony. That is my dream to be free of work and have money to just go places at the last minute.

Reading about the anger/yelling on the ship is disturbing. These cruise lines have had it tough the last few days..I would not want their jobs.

Well I have spent too much time on these boards today. I decided to spend one more day and take it easy since I am feeling better for the first time in over a week.:)

Tomorrow I will be busy.

Laura

Laura so glad to hear your feeling better. I am free of work but the money is lagging far behind. It would be so nice to have the money so we could cruise when we wanted to.

Gay

We do have some friends who are retired and do look for the cheapest inside cabins on different lines so they can sail more frequently. They do go out of Ca alot. They have been all over though. Now Gene and I need a balcony for his vertigo reasons. But there are deals to be had on them also. My friend at work is 68 and still works so she can continue to cruise and buy things she wants but now is 30 hrs like me which helps. Health insurance is another big reason.

Laura

Laura, I guess the lowest category room we would fall back to would be an OV. Certainly we could do more cruises if we went the cheapest room, but since we are uanble to cruise alot, we save up for the ones we want to go on and take a balcony. We will go no higher then 9th Deck. My retirement, really put a damper on things and my monthly Social Security check is a little more then what I made every 2 weeks.

Gay

Gay

How do you guys do it - jumping back and forth between roll calls, etc.....I thought I would jump in here to say "hi".....I don't post as much as others, but I do like to read the posts when I can.....Corkey amazes me with her eye problems and the way she can pop on and then back to bed again.....If my Alaska roll call ever picks up, I'll be posting on there every day, but until then.....

:):):)

Hi Nancy & Bruce, I am pleased with the way the Roll Call has started off for our Group Cruise, can you imagine where it could be once the 2009 and 2010 Mariner Roll Calls are winding down & more people begin coming in & not just from our Left Coast. This time I have 3 boards I am running back and forth on, better get a skate board.:D

Gay

How do you guys do it - jumping back and forth between roll calls, etc.....I thought I would jump in here to say "hi".....I don't post as much as others, but I do like to read the posts when I can.....Corkey amazes me with her eye problems and the way she can pop on and then back to bed again.....If my Alaska roll call ever picks up, I'll be posting on there every day, but until then.....

:):):)

It doesn't take me long to post - I will spend about 10 min here and then go back to bed and then up again - I was napping for 2 hrs straight and got up to tell hubby how to make a choc cake that I am just dying for - box mix!! I normally have around 10 threads I visit and post on each day but for now, I go to about 4 - then back to bed... bummer cuz I sure miss being on- let's keep our CA thread going tho' - took a long time to build up! ha! ha! Carol

Hi to all.

Boy it is hard to keep all these threads in order.

If something I post does not make sense just ignore me please...

Laura

Boy can I relate Laura and CruisinMinnie!!!! :)

Last year I posted something about final payments on one cruise that wasn't until the next year!!! I was so embarrassed!

I try......notice I said "try" and make sure I'm on the right on before I hit the submit reply button!!! Sometimes that doesn't always work either!!! :o

I was very impressed with RC today, they called to make sure we are aware of our Mariner cruise itinerary changes and a reminder to pack extra layers for cooler weather. I just wished they would of called to offer an upgrade!!

Gosh, Carol don't overdo!!! :eek: How as the cake?

Last year I posted something about final payments on one cruise that wasn't until the next year!!! I was so embarrassed!

I try......notice I said "try" and make sure I'm on the right on before I hit the submit reply button!!! Sometimes that doesn't always work either!!! :o

I was very impressed with RC today, they called to make sure we are aware of our Mariner cruise itinerary changes and a reminder to pack extra layers for cooler weather. I just wished they would of called to offer an upgrade!!

I saw your postings. Don't we always think of things after we hang up...:(

I know you are happy with the itinerary change. It is getting warmer in Phx so the change would not upset me..something different and I know I will be cruising the MR alot. Laura

actually, I am over doing my lying on the tummy part - I know the doc didn't want me to be in bed all day and all night but if it worked well for the first two weeks, the next 3 will be better - I have two more as of today (weeks) -- anyway, I do not post often but I do when I get a chance... the cake was delish - box mix - I have a method tho' - where I add milk instead of water and put 5 eggs instead of 3 - makes more of a pound cake texture - so I told Narce how to mix it and it came out not crumbly but pound cake like... and now, back I go to lying face down. carol

Carol spoke with Chris other night via email as I need to update some of his information, they are fine, he has been really busy with a home they rented and doing some work on it.

Gay

Oh good - glad to know they are fine - just being motherly - carol

Hi Carol, sounds like a big project too, he is totally redoing the interior of this house.

Gay

Just a quick cruise by,

Hi mom (Carol), Gay ,and everyone else on the board. As gay mentioned I'm going to be busy for about a month and will not have time to chat. I'm in the process of rebuilding on of my homes and currently have most of it stripped down to the studs. The fun part is over, tearing stuff apart, now I have to figure out how to put it back together. :confused:

Don't worry, I picked up a "building homes for dummies" book and should have no problem figuring it out. ;)

Well got to get back to work! I'll stop by as soon as my hands and fingers heal from all the times I've hit them with a hammer:eek:

I miis all of you and hope you (mom) get well soon!

Gay....as soon as I have some time, Susan and I want to come up and see you and John.

Chris

Archived