Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Now there's an idea for a cruiser's gathering! Do you think the Roadhouse would mind broken plates?

What incentive does RCI have to get repeat travelers? Princess has a more travel/more perks kind of program. But what gets us coming back is $200 deposits plus up to $200 OBC. Just curious.

I emailed you --

My friend said her hubby's cousin in Greece buys dishes all the time - obviously - I told Dawn to get them corelle for them- well, they shatter when dropped on concrete - - Remember, before you break the plates, you also have to do the Greek Dance in a circle! I guess we could do that at the TRH - make the rounds at the other tables - they actually do some line dancing moves to country music during the afternoon/dinner . The servers get together and dance to some jumpin' music and it's a lot of fun to watch. It's like a Cayote ugly type of thing........ carol

I looked into the RCCL intnry and didn't want to go down to San Diego to sail up and pass SF -- also, didn't want to start in Vancouver and sail down to SAn Diego and pass SF - we would have to drive to San Diego or fly from Vancouver.

I am looking into the Celebrity site and saw the Infinity for May 2010 - it starts in SF and ends up in Vancouver - I don't mind flying home from Vancouver - or we can stay a couple of days there and even drive to Seattle then fly back home from Seattle - This sounded better to me than the RCCL sailing.

I forgot the itnry listed but it's on the Celebrity website - Carol

That is the repositioning cruise when she comes in from the PC next year.

I really think you would enjoy her.

We are left coasters that live in a suburb of Los Angeles. (Both my husband and I are even left handed!) We are taking a cruise on the Eurodam Northern Europe on Aug 1-11. We are miserable with all the flying we are going to have to do to get there. We wish we new some people that will be on that cruise with us. I've done roll call, but have not had ANY answers..

Many years ago we took a cruise out of Long Beach, California. It was so convenient, and they are pretty efficient at getting passengers off and on the ships there.

The problem with taking a lot of trips out of Long Beach is that it is usually a long ocean ride to get to somewhere. I am one who enjoys getting off the ship almost every day to see things. Of course, others I know enjoy just being on the ship for days at a time, so Long Beach would be great for them. Year and Years ago, we even came into Long Beach from across the Pacific on the QEII..For me it was too many days just at sea, but my in laws who we traveled with loved just being on the ocean.

My feeling is to see a part of the world we have not been to, it is worth the flights to get to those ships, especially if those ships go to lots of ports.

Kathy

Hi Kathy and welcome to our LCC Board, I would say, to see these places, we might never get to see otherwaise, is well worth the long flights. We would love to do a Med/Greek Cruise and are planning on a TA fall of 2011 out of Rome. Since we do live in So Calif our preferance, is to fly over for the TA and cruise back, to break up some of the long hrs. We also have the Calif Board, so do stop by. click on the Calif Link below my signature, also if you have nothing planned for April 10, 2011 we are doing a Calif Group cruise to Mexico for 7 days.

Gay

Welcome Kathy - I also like port days - if I can have one everyday, I am happy - so when DH wanted to do a TA, I didn't think I'd like it with all the days at sea and only about 5 or 6 ports - but I ended up enjoying the sea days too and have done several TA's ...

that's funny about being left handed and also a left coast cruiser! you fit right in!! Carol

Welcome Kathy - I also like port days - if I can have one everyday, I am happy - so when DH wanted to do a TA, I didn't think I'd like it with all the days at sea and only about 5 or 6 ports - but I ended up enjoying the sea days too and have done several TA's ...

that's funny about being left handed and also a left coast cruiser! you fit right in!! Carol

As you know our last cruise we ended up having 4 days at sea. (not planned ) I told everyone it was training to do a TA.:D Every other time I have sailed it had been pretty port intensive, but I found I liked being at sea for the longer time. It was more relaxing.

Our next cruise is supposed to be very port intensive...but as we all know nothing is in concrete. :eek:

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Barb

As you know our last cruise we ended up having 4 days at sea. (not planned ) I told everyone it was training to do a TA.:D Every other time I have sailed it had been pretty port intensive, but I found I liked being at sea for the longer time. It was more relaxing.

Our next cruise is supposed to be very port intensive...but as we all know nothing is in concrete. :eek:

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Barb

Went to the San Pablo/El Cerrito area - ended up at Ranch 99 for some Asian groceries - nice out there today - not hot,not cold. Had Chinese food/dim sum - then ended up at Narce's cousin's in Hercules, beautiful weather all over.

I had plenty to do on board during the sea days - plus I relaxed - took advantage of the places like Ben & Jerry's, Seattles Best, etc. ..enjoyed the lounges and whatever activities they had going during those kinds of days.

Carol

John & I love the longer cruises and sea days, surprisingly for our Hawaii Trip I didn't spend alot of time at the Pool, probably because we had so many activities planned with our Roll Call. I believe also, I tend to prefer just lounging, then putting my older bod in a suit.

Gay

John & I love the longer cruises and sea days, surprisingly for our Hawaii Trip I didn't spend alot of time at the Pool, probably because we had so many activities planned with our Roll Call. I believe also, I tend to prefer just lounging, then putting my older bod in a suit.

Gay

I love lounging around too - and going from place to place on the ship - Narce and I have walkie talkie's - they work for us ok. carol

We really don't need Walkie Talkies, if we get split up, either I am at the pool or whatever, we generally have set up times, to meet up, especially if an activity is planned. I also find which is his favorite watering hole, and check that out . :D

Gay

I've never had more than 2 sea days in a row. You all have me convinced I could do more - maybe even a TA. :)

I am sure you will enjoy it - I couldn't see myself NOT having ports to visit everyday - or almost everyday, but the 6 all sea days were not bad at all - of course I got in 5 (I think) ports, so that was a good compromise for me and hubby. He got his sea days and I got my ports- He doesn't really like going into ports - esp if we have been there before - I like to walk around and go to places I have been to just to go again-- carol

I've never had more than 2 sea days in a row. You all have me convinced I could do more - maybe even a TA. :)

I see you have sailed on the Pride. I did a Mexican Rivera on that with my sister a few years back. I see you have also booked the Millie ahead of me.. will be interested in what you think of her.

Barb

I see you have sailed on the Pride. I did a Mexican Rivera on that with my sister a few years back. I see you have also booked the Millie ahead of me.. will be interested in what you think of her.

Barb

Yes, we sailed Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera, as well as Vision of the Seas (same itinerary), and Monarch of the Seas 4 day (Ensenada, Catalina, San Diego).

Our Millie roll call is great! We even have a web site for the cruise.

My poor little Sea Princess to Alaska roll call is still slow.

Afternoon, one of the reasons I am selecting the Navigator TA our of Rome, is for the stops. It will give you 6 including the disembarkation, but it gives you a port in France where the Voyager doesn't. Only way we might do the Voyager for 2011, is if we can swing a 7 day Med before then do a b2b.

Gay

Yes, we sailed Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera, as well as Vision of the Seas (same itinerary), and Monarch of the Seas 4 day (Ensenada, Catalina, San Diego).

Our Millie roll call is great! We even have a web site for the cruise.

My poor little Sea Princess to Alaska roll call is still slow.

My roll call on the Millie has been very slow. I assume it will pick up as we get closer. Rool Call from the last trip is busier than the upcoming trip:confused:

We did the 7 day Mexican on the Pride also, and last year I saw her in Cabo when we were in Cabo. I also did a three day to Ensenada as my first cruise on CCL.

Barb

Barb

• 2 weeks later...

You are right Gay, haven't been in here myself - kinda' quiet --

We have only passed by Cancun on one of our stops on a cruise - we were on our way to Tulum to tour the ruins, very interesting.

I know Susan and Chris are having a super great time!

Nice way to celebrate an anniversary. In 2011, it'll be our 35th anniversary and I want to have a memorable trip somewhere... I 'd better be thinking about it now.

Carol

Archived