Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

If RCCL can put the 3 and 4 day sailings back from SAn Pedro, I would not mind that because SAn Diego and Catalina are fun places to visit. AT least for less of a distance to fly, there are cruises from Tx . carol

If RCCL can put the 3 and 4 day sailings back from SAn Pedro, I would not mind that because SAn Diego and Catalina are fun places to visit. AT least for less of a distance to fly, there are cruises from Tx . carol

Are these only out of San Diego?

Although, I'm not a big fan of anything less than a week.....the prices are so darn good. I may do a 4 day just for the fun of it!

Are these only out of San Diego?

Although, I'm not a big fan of anything less than a week.....the prices are so darn good. I may do a 4 day just for the fun of it!

Hi Roz and Brenda!! so glad you are back - how was your cruise? Brenda must have dazzled the entire ship.

Looking forward to chatting with you more often now. No, unfortunately, those sailings were from San Pedro - when we had an RCCL ship with 3 or 4 day cruises. They took that ship away and replaced with a 7 day Mexican Riviera from San Pedro. I have no idea what the other cruiselines have as far as 3 to 4 days from that port.

RIght now, The Radiance of the Seas is doing 4 or 5 day runs from San Diego... check that out.

hugs to Brenda- missed your postings cuz I always like to hear about her. Corkey Carol

Hi Roz and Brenda!! so glad you are back - how was your cruise? Brenda must have dazzled the entire ship.

Looking forward to chatting with you more often now. No, unfortunately, those sailings were from San Pedro - when we had an RCCL ship with 3 or 4 day cruises. They took that ship away and replaced with a 7 day Mexican Riviera from San Pedro. I have no idea what the other cruiselines have as far as 3 to 4 days from that port.

RIght now, The Radiance of the Seas is doing 4 or 5 day runs from San Diego... check that out.

hugs to Brenda- missed your postings cuz I always like to hear about her. Corkey Carol

Thanks for the info. Brenda is doing amazingly well. She's perky, fun loving, always a great worker and cute. We'll be doing a demonstration, at a church in our community, on November 1st. She loves other people and sometimes get really distracted, wanting to be patted and loved before she wants to work. Although once she starts working.....she's all about the "job" at hand!

We loved Alaska. It was a whirlwind trip, with driving, hotels, relatives and then glorious Alaska......we were on tired/emotional/way to much to do/overload!!!!!

We're now planning our trip on January 10th, onboard the Splendor. This trip will be all about the ship. It will take us a week to just investigate all her lounges/eateries and showrooms. I think we're up to it!!!!

We may be changing our plans for our April cruise and do a 2 week jaunt to Hawaii in the fall......we'll see!

I want Brenda to enjoy as much of the world as she can before she becomes "double digits!" Her 10th birthday is on June 20th.

I've got to go back to work.....take care!

Pawlightly,

Roz & Brenny

Roz so nice to see you again, I only wish we had started cruising sooner, to enjoy the differant countires and places to see. Now I feel we are trying to rush as many crusies as we can in order to see the places we wish to see.

Gay

You're doing what you're doing at just the right time.....there's a reason for everything.

You're doing what you need to do when you need to do it! ;)

Thanx Roz for the update on Brenda - she sounds so amazing. Enjoy all your upcoming cruises - we started cruising 21 yrs ago and have gone every yr with some yrs doing 2 or 3. We do not regret it one bit. If anything, we wish we had started 30 yrs ago! HOwever, we also enjoy all the land trips that we do.

Carol

Thanx Roz for the update on Brenda - she sounds so amazing. Enjoy all your upcoming cruises - we started cruising 21 yrs ago and have gone every yr with some yrs doing 2 or 3. We do not regret it one bit. If anything, we wish we had started 30 yrs ago! HOwever, we also enjoy all the land trips that we do.

Carol

I don't know, maybe I was an explorer in my last life.....I'm happiest when I'm on the road or on the sea. I love them both. I also enjoy train travel but it's a bit confining.

I'm lucky I married a man and have a dog who love it too!!!!!

I have great "wanderlust!" And could never tire of new adventures.

I had a dream as a child that I had to meet "Heidi", I had to go to Switzerland and find her; the "Grandfather", "Peter" and the Grandfather's cottage, in the Alps. [sounds crazy?] You should have seen my DH's face when I told him about my dream.

We saved for years and made it a 3 week journey into Switzerland, Germany, Italy and Paris. All on our own; with a rental car; starting in Zurich, Switzerland and ending in Paris.

I found everyone but Heidi [not one girl looked like Heidi as I pictured her]....so, I guess we'll have to return, one day!

Hello all,

I'm a little late to this message board, but we're a family from Oregon who loves to cruise.

We are fairly new to cruising (going on #4 this spring), but all of them have been out of Florida. (Gotta love plane rides, ugh) Being from the NW, we like to get away to somewhere warm with beaches!! Unfortunately for us, the most popular port that is our closest, is Seattle, and those seem to be bound for Alaska.

My family wishes very much that there was more Mexican cruise options from the NW to avoid airfare. Let's face it, Northwest people want to get away when the rain sets in, and how nice would it be to be able to hop on a ship and go south??? (without airfare!!) Does anyone know if any ships have ever tried an itinerary from the NW to Mexico? I'd love to see that happen.

It's good to see another Oregon resident here!

We did our first cruise in August to Hawaii, but the 5.5 hours on the plane was...well..less than exciting. We've booked the Mexican Riviera for 03/10, at least the plane ride is only 2.5 hours.

Hello all,

I'm a little late to this message board, but we're a family from Oregon who loves to cruise.

We are fairly new to cruising (going on #4 this spring), but all of them have been out of Florida. (Gotta love plane rides, ugh) Being from the NW, we like to get away to somewhere warm with beaches!! Unfortunately for us, the most popular port that is our closest, is Seattle, and those seem to be bound for Alaska.

My family wishes very much that there was more Mexican cruise options from the NW to avoid airfare. Let's face it, Northwest people want to get away when the rain sets in, and how nice would it be to be able to hop on a ship and go south??? (without airfare!!) Does anyone know if any ships have ever tried an itinerary from the NW to Mexico? I'd love to see that happen.

Welcome......

Our oldest daughter lives in the mountains of Eugene, Oregon. She gets snow in the winter and has had a very warm summer, this year. The best of both worlds. ;)

I hope you get the itinerary's you'd like....We, too, love to drive to the dock; drop off our stuff; park our car and cruise!!!!!!

My DH won't even get on a plane, anymore!

Hence.....we've taken our fair share of Mexican Riviera cruises and really don't tire of them....all we do is change-up the ship; cruise out of San Diego [2 hours away] or do what we did a few weeks ago....drive to Seattle and go to Alaska and visit the kids afterwards!

There's lots of choices when it comes to docks on the west coast.....some are just further away than others. My personal favorite.....San Pedro. :)

I don't know, maybe I was an explorer in my last life.....I'm happiest when I'm on the road or on the sea. I love them both. I also enjoy train travel but it's a bit confining.

I'm lucky I married a man and have a dog who love it too!!!!!

I have great "wanderlust!" And could never tire of new adventures.

I had a dream as a child that I had to meet "Heidi", I had to go to Switzerland and find her; the "Grandfather", "Peter" and the Grandfather's cottage, in the Alps. [sounds crazy?] You should have seen my DH's face when I told him about my dream.

We saved for years and made it a 3 week journey into Switzerland, Germany, Italy and Paris. All on our own; with a rental car; starting in Zurich, Switzerland and ending in Paris.

I found everyone but Heidi [not one girl looked like Heidi as I pictured her]....so, I guess we'll have to return, one day!

Love it ---- you will find Heidi one day - or Brenda will !! I love to travel too, but I find the preps are exhausting. Once I am on vacation or on a cruise, I just love it and enjoy it so much.

c.

It's good to see another Oregon resident here!

We did our first cruise in August to Hawaii, but the 5.5 hours on the plane was...well..less than exciting. We've booked the Mexican Riviera for 03/10, at least the plane ride is only 2.5 hours.

Welcome Downsized :

I hope NWHair comes back on ...

how did you like your Hawaii cruise? I am assuming it's the one that starts in Honolulu and goes to the other islands. We love Hawaii so much that I would just rather be there every second, fly to another island, etc. We are going there next month and we will relax and enjoy all our favorite places; we usually go every yr or every two yrs. I have relative on all the islands but we like to just vegg out and be on our own.

We will go on cruises just to be with friends now. Glad you found us here - come in and chat with us anytime. Corkey Carol

Welcome Downsized :

I hope NWHair comes back on ...

how did you like your Hawaii cruise? I am assuming it's the one that starts in Honolulu and goes to the other islands. We love Hawaii so much that I would just rather be there every second, fly to another island, etc. We are going there next month and we will relax and enjoy all our favorite places; we usually go every yr or every two yrs. I have relative on all the islands but we like to just vegg out and be on our own.

We will go on cruises just to be with friends now. Glad you found us here - come in and chat with us anytime. Corkey Carol

Wow. What a wonderful welcome! Thank you!

Our cruise on the POA was our first, and we were ruined! We had an absolutely grande time! We flew to HNL, spent the night, and boarded the next morning. We had such a wonderful time, that I started searching for another cruise as soon as we returned.

We will start our second cruise on 03/10 on NCL Star.

This time, however, in celebration of my 60th birthday, we will be accompanied by our children, their spouses, and most importantly by our three wonderful grandchildren!

We're a party of nine! We're rowdy, but we ain't dangerous! :)

Wow. What a wonderful welcome! Thank you!

Our cruise on the POA was our first, and we were ruined! We had an absolutely grande time! We flew to HNL, spent the night, and boarded the next morning. We had such a wonderful time, that I started searching for another cruise as soon as we returned.

We will start our second cruise on 03/10 on NCL Star.

This time, however, in celebration of my 60th birthday, we will be accompanied by our children, their spouses, and most importantly by our three wonderful grandchildren!

We're a party of nine! We're rowdy, but we ain't dangerous! :)

What a wonderful way to celebrate! Congrats! so your birthday is ......? we like to wish each other happy birthday, happy anniversary -- you will have an unforgettable cruise/celebration. Corkey

Downsized, what a memorable way to celebrate you Birthday, but with your Family. We like you after our 1st Cruise, were hooked.

Gay

I can relate to that - we celebrated our 20th yr of cruising last yr... and hope to have many more. carol

I love cruising the Carribean...but...flying is such a hassle anymore. My dh hates to fly now and is very eager to go on more cruises if just drive to the cruise terminal. So we have now been to MR 4 times and our dream cruise is coming up in a couple of months. Round trip to Hawaii!! Can't wait!!

Hello Teachtocruis, we did the Hawaii Rt last Oct on the Radiance and it was probably our most memorable cruise. If you would like to join our Calif group, we have a Group Cruise planned for April 10, 2011 on the Mariner, a 7 day Mexico. We already have a Roll Call going and seeing you from Calif do stop by our Calif Thread, just click on our Calif Link below one of our signatures.

Gay

I love cruising the Carribean...but...flying is such a hassle anymore. My dh hates to fly now and is very eager to go on more cruises if just drive to the cruise terminal. So we have now been to MR 4 times and our dream cruise is coming up in a couple of months. Round trip to Hawaii!! Can't wait!!

Hello Teachtocruis: WElcome to our thread - I know what you mean about flying to ports back east of FL... once we flew to San Juan Puerto Rico for a 7 day cruise; if I were to do that now, I'd make sure I am on a 12 or 14 day cruise or a B2B to make the flying time worth while. Your Hawaii cruise sounds like a lot of fun. We will be going to Hawaii in 3 weeks, land trip not a cruise; nonetheless, it's a trip to Hawaii and I am excited. HOpe you continue to visit with us here... carol

Hello Teachtocruis, we did the Hawaii Rt last Oct on the Radiance and it was probably our most memorable cruise. If you would like to join our Calif group, we have a Group Cruise planned for April 10, 2011 on the Mariner, a 7 day Mexico. We already have a Roll Call going and seeing you from Calif do stop by our Calif Thread, just click on our Calif Link below one of our signatures.

Gay

Wish I could go on the Mariner to MR in April. But this teaching thing gets in the way of my cruising plans. I am sure you guys will have a blast.

Archived