Stroller for 4 year old

lovetovacation

Do you all take strollers for your kids on the cruises? My dd doesn't really use a stroller at all now, of course we haven't been anywhere for her to walk long distance recently. But I'm thinking maybe we would need a stroller for in ports maybe. I'd be looking at Carib. ports. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I was really glad to have mine when we went to Hawaii. When my 4 year old twins wanted to walk, the stroller carried our water, bags, etc. It was nice to be able to keep going rather than carry a toddler who was whining that they were too tired to walk (especially after a long day playing in the ocean or sightseeing). When we weren't using it, the stroller was folded at the back of the closet, so there really wasn't any down side to having it.

Best,

Mia

My 3-year-old doesn't use a stroller much anymore, either. We've taken her to Disney at least a dozen times, and she might ride in it for a brief moment at the end of the day.

Still, we plan to take a "deluxe" umbrella stroller with us for ports. It folds flat, and we are driving to the terminal, so if she doesn't use it, no big deal.

I'm still on the edge of deciding this for myself...we've got a cruise coming up that involves a cross country flight with several days before and after doing lots of walking. My thoughts are it's safer in crowds and traffic, and that's what has me thinking it will worthwhile to have it. As for actually using it on the ship, I'm sure it will stay folded up in the closet. Even on the Glory when she was only 2 we rarely used it onboard. We've got a Maclaren Quest that's great for travel.

Yes, for my 4 year old, I do. I use it for ports. I feel better when she is locked in...lol. ;)

If we are going to the beach. Then no. I leave it on the ship. When we go on a tour or shopping in port, yes, the stroller comes with me.

She'll be 5 in a couple of weeks and she is pretty tiny. I don't think I'll bring it on the next cruise, not alot of ports. But I might.

We just got in from our cruise today. We took the stroller for my 4.5 year old. We never used it - not once. We did San Juan, St Maarten, and Labadee. There was a lot of walking in San Juan (El Morro, etc), but he was too excited to stay in the stroller. He ran holding Daddy's hand and climbed on Daddy's shoulders and such. After this week, we won't take the stroller again. In fact, I'm going to walk across the street and give it to my neighbor to use with her baby!

We just got in from our cruise today. We took the stroller for my 4.5 year old. We never used it - not once. We did San Juan, St Maarten, and Labadee. There was a lot of walking in San Juan (El Morro, etc), but he was too excited to stay in the stroller. He ran holding Daddy's hand and climbed on Daddy's shoulders and such. After this week, we won't take the stroller again. In fact, I'm going to walk across the street and give it to my neighbor to use with her baby!

Welcome back. :D How was it?

We go to Disney World every year and we take a Maclaren Volo. I love that stroller - perfect for travelling. It is small, lightweight, has an easy to use one hand fold, a handy carry strap, is super manuverable in tight spaces, has a sun canopy and an wonderful rain cover, and one thing I love is that it has taller handles than the inexpensive strollers, much easier on your back when you are pushing it around all day (I'm 5'7").

We are cruising to Alaska in June just after my daughter turns 4 and I am leaving my stroller at home. Might take a carseat, but no stroller. I will just have too much luggage and not enough hands. My daughter can do a 2 mile walk before asking to be carried. We were a Disney World a couple weeks ago and some days she walked ALL day while my 5 yr old niece rode in the stroller. I'm pretty sure she'll be fine without it. We haven't use a stroller at home in a long time, and we walk around the neighborhood almost daily, so she is used to being out and about without a stroller.

Archived