Back From Ventura

chirpy007

Why so aggresive, like you I was just expressing a point of view.

No, actually you were telling Chirpy what he/she should or should not do and stating that they deserved their poor experience.

A world of difference to 'just expressing a view'.

:mad:

Hi Chirpy, We're going on Ventura at Christmas and New Year and doing freedom dining (not through choice). Can you tell us when the best times were to go as you say you didn't have any problems with this. If we had had a choice, we would have liked 2nd sitting but this was fully booked. Is this time of night OK, ie 8.30pm or around this time?

We usually went around 8.30/8.45 after the theatre show when many others did. Three times we went straight in and the rest we had a bleeper and only waited between 5 and 15 minutes. This was no hassle at all :D

Chirpy, don't worry roo much about Fastforward, he likes to stir the trouble pot quite often (often known as an internet troll).

I do find it amazing as I said on another post that there are some that just feel if your opinion is negative it does not hold the same value as a positive opinion

When I seek reviews for something new, all I seek is balance and if nobody posted negative stuff I would not be able to get that balance.

So I view all opinions with the same weight and don't just pick out the things I like to hear.

Cheers

Gerry

Thanks Gerry ;)

No, actually you were telling Chirpy what he/she should or should not do and stating that they deserved their poor experience.

You beat me too it :D

It was my view as to why Chirpy didn't enjoy his Cruise, and how he might have a better experience next time.

Chirpy,

Did you complain about the temp of the buffet food in the complaints/comments form at the end of the cruise or in person at the time? That was just not acceptable, i would of been disappointed too with cool food that should be hot...

Mind, I do prefer to have lunch in the main restaurant - it so much nicer - even if just a salad and a sweet - do try it there..had a wonderful crab and apple salad there - better presented too,

I think the pando tours make the cruise special,and take you to places you just don't see when walking arounf on your own, although it is dear for 3 people I agree.

We have Vigo on my Canaries cruise in a few weeks time and I am going to Santiago de Compostela 'on your own' as Vigo isn't that interesting and have been before.

I think the pando tours make the cruise special,and take you to places you just don't see when walking arounf on your own, although it is dear for 3 people I agree.

We have Vigo on my Canaries cruise in a few weeks time and I am going to Santiago de Compostela 'on your own' as Vigo isn't that interesting and have been before.

Hiya Sue, up until our last cruise I would agree but for my next cruise there is such a great 'roll call' going on and everyone is making great suggestions on what to do in each port. I cannot see a single ship tour I prefer at the moment!

And I am someone that normally only looks at the tours brochure to decide what we are going to do in each port.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Gerry

Chirpy,

Did you complain about the temp of the buffet food in the complaints/comments form at the end of the cruise or in person at the time? That was just not acceptable, i would of been disappointed too with cool food that should be hot...

Mind, I do prefer to have lunch in the main restaurant - it so much nicer - even if just a salad and a sweet - do try it there..had a wonderful crab and apple salad there - better presented too,

I put it on the form Sue, l did complain in person about the toilets and fiasco in the Tamarind which was showing Slumdog.

I do agree regarding the excursions, but l did expect to be able to get ourselves amused for at least half a day. There will only be the two of us in August so cost wont be such a consideration and we are bit more cultural than our 14 year old :D

Hi Chirpy,

Interesting that you complaints are somewhat different to those on another board you have posted on.

The comment I made there was that you problems were that of all P&O ships and possibly all mass market cruise ships.

I see the buffet is now 'Cold' were as before it was 'not hot enough'

I am fascinated that you thought Ventura had no 'Wow'. When in my opinion the 'WOW Factor' is greater on this ship than any other P&O ship. Good job you did not go on Arcadia.

With regard to this quote of yours:-

"What does annoy me though is you thinking im wrong for having an opinion, not everyone is happy with the same things, get over yourself and live with it !!!!!!!"

The first part is quite correct your opinion counts as much as anyone else's. However if you make comment on a public board then. Your opinion is up to be challenged, as is every-one's.

The second part I think is uncalled for put down.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi Chirpy,

Interesting that you complaints are somewhat different to those on another board you have posted on.

The comment I made there was that you problems were that of all P&O ships and possibly all mass market cruise ships.

I see the buffet is now 'Cold' were as before it was 'not hot enough'

I am fascinated that you thought Ventura had no 'Wow'. When in my opinion the 'WOW Factor' is greater on this ship than any other P&O ship. Good job you did not go on Arcadia.

With regard to this quote of yours:-

"What does annoy me though is you thinking im wrong for having an opinion, not everyone is happy with the same things, get over yourself and live with it !!!!!!!"

The first part is quite correct your opinion counts as much as anyone else's. However if you make comment on a public board then. Your opinion is up to be challenged, as is every-one's.

The second part I think is uncalled for put down.

Dai

My complaints are not "somewhat different" l have just not used identical words !!!!!!!!!! sorry l didnt realise that l was breaking some sort of forum law ......

Im also sorry that my view is somewhat different from 2 or 3 other people who were on the same cruise, out of 3000 odd passengers that obviously means im lying...........

Im glad l have been able to FASCINATE you about something though, the other ship l have sailed on was Freedom of the Seas which in my worthless opinion has the wow factor, surely im within my rights to make some comparison between the two?

Regarding my quote, that was aimed at the poster who implied l got what l deserved because l didnt reasearch the holiday and l should get over it, l dont take kindly to someone who doesnt know me second guessing what l have thought or done.

Also once again l show my complete ingnorance in thinking you posted your views, experiences and thoughts to share with others to give them a balanced view, not to be cross examained in a cyber court.

Im clearly a troll who's only intention is to post lies about a ship l have never travelled on so that l can upset people, clearly l need to get a life...

Why can't we just all accept that some love Ventura, some think it is OK and some do not like Ventura.

Ventura did not WOW Chirpy. It did not WOW me either. It did WOW Dai.

That is fantastic for Dai and in some ways I am quite envious, but I should not have to justify my opinion to anyone, it just did not do it for me!

I too found the buffet served cold food from time to time especially breakfast. If you got hot food then that is just fantastic but that does not mean everyone did.

I think the sunbed situation is dire, others do not. That does not make me right and them wrong.

I think the tender process is just great, other think it is the worst they have come across. Just differing opinions again.

I am not having a go at anyone here I promise, I am just saying that we should accept others opinions even if they do not match our experience.

I am off on a cruise next month and I can assure you I will not be looking to find fault with it but if there are faults then I will highlight them. I will also highlight the highlights!

Cheers

Gerry

Regarding my quote, that was aimed at the poster who implied l got what l deserved because l didnt reasearch the holiday and l should get over it, l dont take kindly to someone who doesnt know me second guessing what l have thought or done.

Sorry Chirpy can't let you get away with that one, I posted that research is needed to find out which is the best Cruise to fit your particular needs. I never said or implied that you got what you deserved, what you did get was a reasonably priced 7 day holiday sailing from Southampton late March. I also never used or implied the phrase " I should get over it "

Why can't we just all accept that some love Ventura, some think it is OK and some do not like Ventura.

Ventura did not WOW Chirpy. It did not WOW me either. It did WOW Dai.

That is fantastic for Dai and in some ways I am quite envious, but I should not have to justify my opinion to anyone, it just did not do it for me!

I too found the buffet served cold food from time to time especially breakfast. If you got hot food then that is just fantastic but that does not mean everyone did.

I think the sunbed situation is dire, others do not. That does not make me right and them wrong.

I think the tender process is just great, other think it is the worst they have come across. Just differing opinions again.

I am not having a go at anyone here I promise, I am just saying that we should accept others opinions even if they do not match our experience.

I am off on a cruise next month and I can assure you I will not be looking to find fault with it but if there are faults then I will highlight them. I will also highlight the highlights!

Cheers

Gerry

Yes Gerry but if a report of a cruise is left without someone putting the other view then those who use these boards, for information, only get 1 point of view.

I just try to put in some balance.

As I said I respect Chirpy's views, but of course I am not allowed to counter them:confused:.

With regard to WOW, my comment was that if she did not get it with Ventura then the rest of P&O have no chance.

Dai

Dai, we are violently agreeing!!! LOL

Of course we need numerous reviews to enable us to find a balanced opinion and all reviews are welcome whether good or bad.

I wasn't having a go at you as I tried to state, just using you and I as examples!

Sorry if it all came across wrong!

Cheers

Gerry

;)

Dai, we are violently agreeing!!! LOL

Of course we need numerous reviews to enable us to find a balanced opinion and all reviews are welcome whether good or bad.

I wasn't having a go at you as I tried to state, just using you and I as examples!

Sorry if it all came across wrong!

Cheers

Gerry

;)

Agreeing:mad: What is the world coming to.:D

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

Please stop all this agreeing, the banter is a lot more fun lol.

Stopgo where have you gone ? ;-)

Yes you are right,

I agree, :D

I concur.:rolleyes:

What was it you said?:confused:

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

off on Ventura in just over 2 weeks time, and am really lookign forward to it, as its been a manic year so far. I will be interested to see how my opinions agree or otherwise with the reviews that have previously been posted. Needless to say that unless the boat sinks I WILL be having a good time. A bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work :)

off on Ventura in just over 2 weeks time, and am really lookign forward to it, as its been a manic year so far. I will be interested to see how my opinions agree or otherwise with the reviews that have previously been posted. Needless to say that unless the boat sinks I WILL be having a good time. A bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work :)

Thats the spirit !

We are ALL very lucky to be able to cruise anyway - aren't we!!;)

I am sitting on the fence on this debate... Have been on Ventura and enjoyed my time on there, the cabins we great, especially the walk-in wardrobe, we had a balcony.

The food was very nice, we ate in the main restaurant mostly - breakfast and dinner...no probs.

We were only on a weekender, but I found the ship fine - hubby thought she was too big...BUT HEY, we're cruising lets be happy for that !

Photos of Ventura here from our weekender in Sept 2008:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245864955322613842

Enjoy! That's an attractive-looking cruise. Hopefully the Med destinations will be much pleasanter than the UK at this time of year. In fact it could be quite warm by the time you get round to Palma - early May there ought to be very pleasant indeed.

And I agree 100% with your last statement.

Archived