Hudlin... Trevor Hudlin...

pwramirez

Trevor Hudlin=****!! EXCELLENT!!! Trevor Hudlin Tours

My wife and I recently took a cruise on the HAL Zaandam, at which she made several arrangments for shore excursions separate from the ship as we wanted some personal time to do these things. The highlight of our trip was our stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

Kathy (my wife) had made several inquiries to the local tour guides by email and eventually began communcating with Trevor Hudlin. We had some very specific stops that Trevor was more than willing to handle. So we booked our day with him. What a marvelous day!

Trevor was already at the dock when our ship pulled in. We thought that we'd be with others that may have booked with him, but it turned out that we were the only two on the tour. He was all smiles in typical "island style" manner, and was a genuinely pleasant man. We started our day by paying a brief visit to the local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses to visit, after which Trevor took us to Dunns River Falls. We spent a couple of hours there, and when he picked us up to take us to lunch he took us on a brief tour filled with info about the history of the island, the parish where we were... I mean it was GREAT!!

We ate at the Ruins At The Falls, a great place if you enjoy an incredible atmosphere in which to dine!! After lunch, Trevor took us through Fern Gully (where I saw a walking tree!!) and then on to the Wassi Pottery factory, a small but beautiful place where the locals make some incredible pieces. As we took the brief tour, Trevor waited patiently for us to finish and then took us back to our final destination. All in all, we spent almost the entire day (8 am-4 pm) with Trevor.

The reason for the title of this post is: During the tour, he drove by one of Ian Fleming's island homes. Ian Fleming is the original author of the James Bond books. As we talked about this, I shared info with Trevor about where Ian Fleming got the name for his hero. We then joked about how Trevor should update his website and his business cards to reflect a "James Bond" type appearance and the tagline...

Hudlin... Trevor Hudlin.

He was an excellent choice for our trip, so I encourage you to check out his website and find out if he is for you... believe me, you won't regret it!!

Trevor Hudlin Tours

Great review, thank you! I am so looking forward to our tour with Trevor. We are going to Mayfield Falls. Didn't want to travel the extra distance to Dunn's River from Montego Bay.

I love the story on the name, that's really neat and funny! Hudlin...Trevor Hudlin.

Thanks for the review. I have a question for you -- Trevor said he prefers to be paid in cash for his tour. In our case it will be about $300. And he said he prefers to be paid at the end of the tour. I'm wondering what you do with that much cash during your tour -- like when you are at the Falls? I'm nervous about carrying that much cash in Jamaica!!

To be quite frank, carrying the money was never a fear... and a large part of that was due to Trevor's calming and professional manner. What I WOULD recommend is bringing your own padlock with you to Dunns River Falls, because they have sturdy wooden lockers at the falls that require a lock. You can rent a lock there for $8, $3 of which you get back. But it's pretty much like going anywhere with a large sum of money... keep some for easy access and the bulk hidden somewhere on your person. Try not to leave it with your purse or stuff you've bought.

Archived