Catamaran, Stingrays and alcohol?

rascalious

What tours of Stingray City offer the best of all worlds? That would be: catamaran sail, stingray sandbar and possibly another snorkel site. Booze for free (rum punch, etc.) or for puchase, and possibly lunch. Even a private charter is not out of the question.

You are not likely to find booze for free or any sort of open bar on a stingray tour in Cayman. Alcohol is heavily taxed and quite expensive when purchased for consumption in Cayman.
I guess my use of "free" was a poor choice of words. Do any snorkel tours offer drinks for purchase or included in the tour price? It has been a few years since we were last there, but I remember beer by the bottle for sale. It was not very good (Stingray Beer?)

I also realize, that if available, the drinks are usually not offered until the snorkel part of the tour is completed.

We went on Stingray Sailing in February and it was Great. Only 11 pax on our trip and 5 were with our group. They have beer and soft drinks for sale. In fact because the waves were higher than normal, making for less than optimal snorkling, The captain Chip gave us a few rounds on the house (boat). Check out their web site stingraysailing.com

We're booked on stingraysailing.com for our upcoming Pride cruise. I chose this catamaran (the "Far Tortuga") because the tour length was an hour or half an hour longer than the other catamarans I found, it left soon after our arrival in the morning as opposed to 10:30 am (meaning we hopefully would get to the stingrays before the crowds, and stingrays would be hungrier for human interaction), and because it sounded like there might be a tad more sailing than others -- at least the website mentioned "sailing" back to the dock. They make one fewer stop than most other tours -- most tours seem to do the stingrays, and then two other snorkeling stops, while stingraysailing does the stingrays and one snorkeling stop. So we might be missing something, but we might not feel rushed, either. On the other hand it was $6 more than other options.

Archived