questions about the spirit

Hoopla

We will be sailing on the spiritin a few weeks and would like to know if all the cabins come with fridge, coffee maker and robes? Also, someone mentioned a murder mystery game on NCL ships, does anyone know if there is one on the spirit?

Thanks for your help!

fridge: only if you are in a suite or request one (usually before you sail). otherwise, no fridge in the cabins.

coffee makers: yes

robes: balconies and above. if in a inside or oceanview, as your steward..they may be able to find robes for you.

mystery dinner: check the daily, it will say where the sign up is (usually the day or two before) and when/where to meet for the mystery dinner.

Thanks Cathi,

That info was great. I also noticed someone mentioned on one of the boards that their ship had a cappacino/latte maker in one of the restaurants that was free. Do you know if the Spirit offers this and if so in which restaurant. I am a total coffee addict! We have done many land vacations but only two other cruises many moons ago and I always love the cappucinos offered at most resorts.

Thanks

you can order them in the main dining rooms, for free. otherwise you can go the "cafe" in the main lobby..but there it will cost you. just watch the dailys for any "specials".

the spirit is great, enjoy her!

fridge: only if you are in a suite or request one (usually before you sail). otherwise, no fridge in the cabins.

coffee makers: yes

robes: balconies and above. if in a inside or oceanview, as your steward..they may be able to find robes for you.

mystery dinner: check the daily, it will say where the sign up is (usually the day or two before) and when/where to meet for the mystery dinner.

There are coffeemakers in the cabins! This excites me beyond belief! On my past cruises we didn't have coffeemakers in our cabin. What great news!

You may bring water, soda & juice aboard at embarkation to consume in your cabin (don't walk around w/ container).

“FREE:” Breakfast: milk/coffee. Lunch/Dinner: Tea/water/coffee. All Day: Iced tea, water, Room Service beverages.

You may purchase, on board a 'soda card' for about $7 per day.

Non-alcoholic fru fru coffee is available all day for various prices at various places on the ship.

Toyz711--the picture is exactly like the coffee maker in our cabin on the Spirit last week...

Since you were there last week, do you know if the soda products onboard have been switched to Pepsi yet? Thanks.

We will be sailing on the spiritin a few weeks and would like to know if all the cabins come with fridge, coffee maker and robes? Also, someone mentioned a murder mystery game on NCL ships, does anyone know if there is one on the spirit?

Thanks for your help!

We did the murder mystery dinner on the Spirit in Feb. and it was fun. I played the part of "Holly Day" we met at the Galaxy of the Stars and then went to dine at Windows. There were 6 groups of 6 players and we all played the same game but within our own group of 6 people. Each person has a booklet with a personality description and then you do the questions and answers during dinner. It was a lot of fun and we met some interesting people.

Tell me there is no charge for the coffee.

There is no charge for regular or decaf coffee served in the dining rooms or at the beverage areas in the buffet. Also, the cappuchino or lattes served in the dining rooms are free. I never saw a "do-it-yourself" cappuchino coffee maker (wouldn't that have been great?).

However, if you purchase a coffee "beverage" of any kind at the specialty coffee cafe, you will be charged. And if you eat in one of the specialty restaurants, the coffee is "French pressed" and is very good (and "free" in that you've paid the surcharge for the meal).

There is no charge for regular or decaf coffee served in the dining rooms or at the beverage areas in the buffet. Also, the cappuchino or lattes served in the dining rooms are free. I never saw a "do-it-yourself" cappuchino coffee maker (wouldn't that have been great?).

However, if you purchase a coffee "beverage" of any kind at the specialty coffee cafe, you will be charged. And if you eat in one of the specialty restaurants, the coffee is "French pressed" and is very good (and "free" in that you've paid the surcharge for the meal).

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant the "in cabin: coffee.

Just got off the Spirit a few hours ago! Great ship! OUTSTANDING CREW!

Out cabin stewards found us a refrigerator.

I brought sodas with me and refilled in Belize (not great price) and Cozumel-excellent price if you go to the store that just down from the port area. It's in easy walking distance. The exchange rate is 13.50 Pesos to the dollar. I believe a four pack of bottle was 3 Pesos or so. They also sell booze at that store and the prices were better than the ships price on some things.

Cappuccino/espresso/lattes are always free in all the main dining rooms. The Jewel class ships (Pearl/Jade/Gem/Jewel) have the free machines in the Garden Cafe.

Just got off the Spirit a few hours ago! Great ship! OUTSTANDING CREW!

Out cabin stewards found us a refrigerator.

I brought sodas with me and refilled in Belize (not great price) and Cozumel-excellent price if you go to the store that just down from the port area. It's in easy walking distance. The exchange rate is 13.50 Pesos to the dollar. I believe a four pack of bottle was 3 Pesos or so. They also sell booze at that store and the prices were better than the ships price on some things.

Cappuccino/espresso/lattes are always free in all the main dining rooms. The Jewel class ships (Pearl/Jade/Gem/Jewel) have the free machines in the Garden Cafe.

Did you buy booze and take it back aboard? I understand they are very strict about bringing booze aboard on NCL. We did Carnival last and there was no problem bringing it on after port stops. I would love to buy some Kahlua in Mexico and then have a sip or two each night.:D

Did you buy booze and take it back aboard? I understand they are very strict about bringing booze aboard on NCL. We did Carnival last and there was no problem bringing it on after port stops. I would love to buy some Kahlua in Mexico and then have a sip or two each night.:D

You can bring it back but it will be held until the last day ;). I knew this going in and it wasn't an issue for me. We order Bar Set-Up to have a bottle in the room when we get there. The bottle price is higher than at home but it is WAY cheaper than the by the drink costs.

Archived