Recommended Dive Shop in Cozumel?

Specter

We are hitting up Cozumel the beginning on June. I'm looking for a GOOD dive shop to take a small group of us, off the cruise ship, and make a couple dives. I'd like to do a drift/wall dive, and a standard reef dive.

Any suggestions on a GOOD shop to book this with?

We are hitting up Cozumel the beginning on June. I'm looking for a GOOD dive shop to take a small group of us, off the cruise ship, and make a couple dives. I'd like to do a drift/wall dive, and a standard reef dive.

That's always one of the hardest "easy" questions I see asked because there are so many right answers. Do you want a small fast boat, a boat with or w/o a cover, a slow stable boat. is your group larger than 6? It will depend what you need as to which shop you use. The 2 shops we have used many times, gave us good service and a good price and would not have a problem using them again is Dive Paradise and Papa Hogs. DP has both small fast and large boats and PH has just small fast boats. Check out both web sites. We have heard of many other good shops, we just haven't used them.

What size is your group? If you have 4 or divers you can do a private charter with http://www.divewithmartin.com

Other operators to check out:

My personal favorite: Christi's http://www.blueXTSeadiving.com

http://www.scubawithalison.com

http://www.scubatony.com

As for the dives you can do, nearly ALL the diving in Cozumel is drift diving, just a matter of degree as to the amount of current you will experience, so you can do a drift wall dive as your first dive, then a drift reef dive as your second dive. Of course, the actual dive sites will depend on the DM recommendation the day you are there based on the then current underwater conditions.

Just returned from a spring break cruise that stopped in Cozumel. Last year my boys and I did our last two certification dives with Alison and were extremely satisfied with her, her boat and services. She took extra time with my oldest son who was having problems with his ears. She stayed with him and brought him down very slowly. This year when we contacted her to schedule with her she was booked and recommended her former partner Chucho. We scheduled with him via the internet. Had the boat to ourselves and again excellent service. Chucho grew up in Cozumel and is extremely knowledgable of the area. I can't say enough about both of these dive masters and the service they provide. My boys are 18 & 14 they both enjoyed diving with both Alison and Chucho. My youngest son made the comment back on the ship, "Dad who are we going to dive with next year?" He likes them both so much he doesn't want to decide. I have to agree, it will be a tough call for us on our next visit to Cozumel. Check out both of their web sites. I think Alison can handle up to 10 divers and Chucho can take up to 8 divers. Check out their web sites.

www.scubalwithalison.com

www.chucho-underwater.com

Eric

Archived