Recommended Dive Shop in Grand Cayman?

Specter

We are cruising to Grand Cayman the beginning of June. I'm looking for a good Dive Shop to take a small group of us on a couple dives. I'm thinking anything cool- reef, wreck, whatever. Never been there before, so we're open, as long as it's a good dive.

Can someone suggest a good dive shop to take us? We'll be looking for a Dive Master to go with us.

Thanks!

The cheap and easy thing to do in Grand Cayman is to walk off the ship and walk south about a malf mile to Eden Rock. There are 3 dives from this site. You can have a Divemaster take you or you can dive on your own. You do a water entry from shore and swim out to buoy and go down to the reefs, max depth 65'. Full service shop on site.

huh. There's not many pics there... the pics that are there, seem kinda blah and murky water. I've been told to stay away from areas near the docks as the oil and whatnot from the cruise ships doesn't make it that great of a dive. Any other suggestions?

huh. There's not many pics there... the pics that are there, seem kinda blah and murky water. I've been told to stay away from areas near the docks as the oil and whatnot from the cruise ships doesn't make it that great of a dive. Any other suggestions?

Per Bruce-r, www.sunsethouse.com. Same set up as Eden Rock (with a really nice outside bar for after diving - mybar). It's a very short taxi ride further down the road and they have a great full service dive shop with divemasters for hire (in advance of course). That's also where Cathy Church, a world-renoun underwater photographer, has her studio so you can take an underwater photo class if you want.

Randall

• 2 weeks later...

We are going back to Sunset next week, it's a very nice shore dive. Another possibility is Dive Tech up next to the Turtle Farm, there is usually a school of Tarpon to the left. It's about 8 miles the other way (left) thru town and past 7 mile beach.

Archived