Shopping in Limon?

firstcruise92

Tell her to get off the ship and walk straight up from the ship past the tour vans and buses all the way to the back of the pier area. There she will find a wall with a door...inside the door she will find a large market with neatly arranged tent-stalls selling all manner of local artisan goods and products. She can shop til she drops!!! My wife spent 1 1/2 hours there on our last stop!!

This is one of the best local markets in the Caribbean in our opinion. It is only surpassed by the "Flea Market" on the pier at Cristobol, Panama!

As posted previously, yes there is shopping. Some of it is flea market type stuff & some is specific to the area. I would reccomend that if she has time, then price compare. I bought some "feather art" when I first got in to the area because I had very limited time. I found some further on that was cheaper & I liked better. Also tell her that at some stalls they will bargain with you, at others they won't. They all take US (& make sure that you ask for US back). I wish I had bought more feather art in Limon since when we got to Panama, while they carried it, it wasn't as nice or as reasonably priced. They did have more molas there though, plus the panama hats of course.

Archived