3/28 Liberty of the Seas Cruisers - Tell us about it!

I did the Dragon's Breath zipline in Labadee and it was really fun. I'd never done a zipline before, so it was perfect for me. Labadee is a really nice beach day.

Hi there, I have a question about the zipline excursion. Did you book yours in advance or did you wait until you got on the ship? I guess I am asking how popular is it and should I book in advance? I had a knee replacement last June, so I still have to be careful about any activities that might jar my knee. How hard is it? (getting there, the landing at the end etc.) Thanks!

What was your general opinion of Labadee? There had been a few posts about how things are a little "messy" with the new dock construction?

We definitely saw construction going on, but it didn't bother us. We also heard some jackhammering, but that didn't bother us either.

We sat under the zipline and thought it was pretty. We snorkeled and saw a lot of fish/starfish/etc.

There were jackhammering and we didn't realize how loud it was until they took breaks. I have to say it didn't bother us.

Ditto! (but we didn't snorkel) My kids thought it was so fun to be swimming right under the zipline!

Glad you had a nice time. We are planning on doing the same thing after disembarking. What else did you do in Miami? We don't want to sit at a beach.

Unless you know your way around, I highly recommend also renting a GPS- I think it cost another 11-12 bucks and it was money well spent. We first drove down to South Beach to check out that area. Parking was a little tough to come by, but we managed to find a spot so that we could walk around a bit. There were TONS of cute restaurants right there if you wanted to grab a bit to eat. We then drove to Coconut Grove to check out the Cocowalk- it is an open air shopping center with a few chain restaurants (Fat Tuesdays, Hooters, Starbucks, Chili's etc.), shops, and a movie theater. Surrounding Cocowalk were other cute shops and sidewalk cafes. It was really quaint for lack of a better word- and we felt just fine leaving our rental car overfilled with luggage on the side of the street. Just google Cocowalk and the first that website comes up is the homepage for it and has more information. We really wanted to go the Bayside Market, but just didn't have time. We drove past, and it did look really nice. It is pretty close to the port.

This was my first time in Miami, so others may have better ideas, but I had a great time! :) I hope you do too!

Archived