Miami South Beach ~ hotels

jessika

We are leaving out of Miami, in July. A small group of us are considering staying on South Beach 1 or 2 days before the cruise. I viewed the posts about the hotels close to port. They were really informative! ..Does anyone have any info or experience regarding hotels on South Beach?

Thanks a bunch!

I stayed at the SOBE Marriott. It was nice. Expensive, but we stayed on points.

I also stayed at the Clinton Hotel & Spa. It was a nice little art deco place a couple of blocks off of the beach.

We are leaving out of Miami, in July. A small group of us are considering staying on South Beach 1 or 2 days before the cruise. I viewed the posts about the hotels close to port. They were really informative! ..Does anyone have any info or experience regarding hotels on South Beach?

Thanks a bunch!

Bring lots of $$$$. The hotels and food all very expensive.

Thanks a bunch!

We always stay at Loews, a little high at some times of the year, but a very nice hotel.

If you stay there, walk to The Front Porch for breakfast, or even dinner. Very nice, eat outside if you want, and good food at a reasonable rate.

If you stay there, walk to The Front Porch for breakfast, or even dinner. Very nice, eat outside if you want, and good food at a reasonable rate.
We are staying at the Ritz - Carlton, South Beach.....which I think is fairly close to the Loews.

If you know where the Ritz is, can we also walk to the Front Porch? Always looking for a good breakfast spot! :D

Thanks a bunch!

We love Miami beach , we try to get there 3 x a year and thats not enough...I love Ocean Drive but I love Lincoln Road more.

On Ocean drive have a drink (but not when the band is there$$$) at Mangos and then walk up Ocean Drive past Casa Casuarina...where Versace lived and where you can stay for a few thousand a nite (is anything more plush)

Walk up to Collins and at Jerrys Deli stop for a fabulous lunch and people watch, the turn and walk west towards Española way...and then north to Lincoln Road where you an get an airbrush tan where the celebrities do and models do with Fabiola...

Hotels...Loews...the National...The Penquin...are all beautifully located, but you cant go wrong the area is so very small. Just stay away from seedy Washington Ave...

Nice walking tour! I'm going to try it.

I'll be on the Navigator Miami to Rome 2010 with you. After doing the Oasis in January 2010.

You've done some great b2bs. Love 'em! Also the way you set up your signature....:)

JJ

We always stay at Loews, a little high at some times of the year, but a very nice hotel.

We are staying a couple of nights at Loews in June. They are doing some remodeling and have cut their prices in half or better.

Our room is approx $140!!

I have heard they are nice, however this will be our first stay w/them.

More reasonable and in a perfect location is the Doubletree Surfcomber.

Another vote for this hotel--we've stayed there twice and it has been great both times. And it's an easy walk to Ocean Drive.

However, I've also stayed at the Loew's and if the price is about the same, I'd recommend the Loew's for a better location.

We are staying at the Ritz - Carlton, South Beach.....which I think is fairly close to the Loews.

If you know where the Ritz is, can we also walk to the Front Porch? Always looking for a good breakfast spot! :D

Yes, it's within walking distance from the Ritz as well. Ask at the front desk, they should have a map and direction. You should enjoy it!

Yes, it's within walking distance from the Ritz as well. Ask at the front desk, they should have a map and direction. You should enjoy it!
Thanks!

This is the first cruise that we've gone down two days early and we are really looking forward to it. Sounds like we picked a really fun area! :D

Thanks again to you all! Now, have to get looking and booking :)

I have been to South Beach, but it has been a few years. But, the other 6 have not. I definately think they will enjoy checking this area out!

Can't wait! Thanks again

Archived