Intercontinental San Juan

Cruising89143

Did they offer any extras with your priority club number?

We stayed at a Holiday Inn and they had priority check in, late check out (2:00PM), $10 breakfast voucher, and daily newspaper as part of the priority club.

We are Ambassador level so we did get all the extras that comes with it. Very nice hotel, love the pool area.

Just picked up the Intercontinental on Priceline for $88.00 a night for 2 nights. January 28-29 2010. I was shocked to get it for that.

Bid San Juan and resort only..started with $85 and came it back with an offer for $22 more. I declined and added another zone, bid $88 and was accepted.

Just picked up the Intercontinental on Priceline for $88.00 a night for 2 nights. January 28-29 2010. I was shocked to get it for that.

Bid San Juan and resort only..started with $85 and came it back with an offer for $22 more. I declined and added another zone, bid $88 and was accepted.

WOW, that is a wonderful price! Great Job! This is a lovely hotel and you will enjoy it.

I did the same on Priceline for 4/18/2010 and got it for $89....just search resorts.

we are staying in this october 2 nights pre-cruise on celebrity got it on priceline carol

Carol - We're booked in there for 2 nights pre cruise too, so maybe we will bump into each other before we board the ship.

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips on this thread.

Isabel

Hi Isabelle

I saw your post on our cruise critic roll call.

Yes we are staying saturday and sunday before the cruise.

I hear it is a beautiful hotel - did you look at the website - great pictures

not sure what kind of room I will get though - we shall see

yes would be nice to meet precruise - we can talk about it as time gets closer

carol

Rats, I knew I should have started out with a lower bid.....got it for $110/night for April 8-11, 2010 (pre-cruise) - first time using Priceline - but I'm still happy with the results really.....better than most of the condo's I was looking at in the same price range.

Does anyone plan to eat around the Intercontinental? We're staying two nights pre-cruise Oct 23 and 24. I'm sure Old San Juan is a lovely town, but I really just want some down time before we set sail and not do a lot of running around. But who knows, maybe we'll get a curiosity bug on Saturday and head down there for lunch. If not, are there any good local places around the hotel?

• 3 weeks later...

question

are there safes in the room -

what do you do with your important documents and passports etc while you are out and about

probably not a good idea to carry them with you

any help appreciated

carol

We wanted to stay at the Intercontinental post cruise in Oct. but Travelocity site says the pool and jacuuzi will be closed for renovation/maintenance from Sept. 28 to Oct. 12. We only see this on the travelocity site, not any others. Anybody know if this is accurate? Guess I could call hotel.

I just saw that about the pool also. We booked this room a few months ago soley on the pool and beach so I am a little bummed if this is true. We were crossing our fingers and won it on priceline so not much we can do about it now. Dang!

Well I tried to change this reservation with Priceline and they stated that the reservations dept said they would only reschedule. I called the hotel and the pool that I can use is the Holiday Inn across the street which is no where near as nice as either resort!

They did state that they would give a $50.00 credit toward food and drinks though.

If anyone is booked for the time that the renovations are going on I would suggest calling them to see what they will do for you.

Can we visit El San Juan property without being booked there?

Thanks

Donna

Archived