Fellow cruise critics I need ur help

Tanbella

Hello everyone, I was wondering about things to do in cayman Island, I have a very diverse family;). It is me(22), my fiance(24), My Sister (37)her kids(11 months),(15), And (20). Now I want to go to stingray city, I actually think this would be wonderful:cool:, My fiance, sister, and niece not so much :eek: their scared, We were all thinking wave runners. They are a bit expensive but i found tours on wave runners which seemed cool, and less cheaper. I have some questions thought

Are there any tours that will have like a boat as weel or start out of a hotel or something cause my sister and the baby would like to stay behind?

Most of the tours are 2- 3 hours and i know it includes beach time and time at stingray city or such if my fiance wanted to stay on the wave runner at such places instead of get into the water with the stingrays is that possible?

for the 2-3 hours how long can you actually stay on the wave runner?

When at the beach do you have to get off etc?

i was looking at some boards and found fatfishadventures and grand cayman wave runner stingray city adventure has anybody ever used these companies?

Does anyone have any other recommendations for my family at a stop in grand cayman

We booked through Moby Dick. We did snorkeling first, then the stingrays and last they dropped us off at Sea Grape (had about 2 hours there). I did not snorkel, but DH did and he loved it. DH was anxious about getting in the water with stingrays after the Steve Irwin tragedy, but did. The water was waist deep on me, I am only 4'10" so the kids would be fine. The stingrays are very gentle. I loved it! DH also really enjoyed it after he got use to them swimming up against his legs. It was a "must do" IMO. After we got done with those, they dropped us off at 7 Mile Beach/Sea Grape. There was a bar with food, picnic tables, loungers, umbrellas, water sport rentals, changing area, bathrooms etc... Something for everyone. We had a fantastic time. Grand Cayman is beautiful.

The Moby Dick crew got in the water with us and showed us how to pet the stingrays, hold them if you wished and kiss them for luck. They were great and made the kids feel safe. Please don't let being afraid stop you, it is truly a wonderful experience. IMO riding a waverunner is much more frightening. LOL

If it helps to appeal to his "macho sense", make sure to tell your fiance that my 8 year old daughter swam with the stingrays a week ago, petted, kissed and even fed them. They don't do anything aggressive, although it is a bit surprising when they come "flying" behind you at a high speed. It's a unique experience, and it really shouldn't be missed.

DEFINITELY do the stingray excursion. You won't be sorry. It's the adventure of a lifetime, all ages will like it. We did Moby Dick company. They have a great website..............Google it. Honestly, it's a day we will never forget!

DEFINITELY do the stingray excursion. You won't be sorry. It's the adventure of a lifetime, all ages will like it. We did Moby Dick company. They have a great website..............Google it. Honestly, it's a day we will never forget!

Here is the website. I think we will use them at the end of this month.

www.mobydicktours.com

When we were in GC in December 2008 it was "too windy" and ALL stingray city tours were cancelled :mad:

We walked around and did a small bit of shopping near the tender pier then took a local public bus to Sea Grape / Seven Mile Beach... which is beautiful... $5.00 per person for bus service.... there was lots to do at the beach... we ended up taking a taxi back to the tender pier due to time constraints (stayed on the beach too long :D) The taxi was great $20.00 for myself and DW and they would take you where ever you wanted for that price.... just make sure you set the price before you go... I heard later on board that some people paid over $20.00 per person for the same taxi ride that we took... Also - don't be fooled - just because you can see you ship, and it looks like an easy walk, it does not mean that you can make it back on foot in time!!!

I am trying to talk DW into taking another cruise this October that will include GC.... and this time we will be taking our teenaged kids... so the stingrays will be a must for us.... providing I can convince DW that we should go again.... so far it looks good...

Archived