Sleeping arrangements for 3 in Balcony

coolaide

this photo is from before they changed the bedding, so don't look at the bright bedspread...but it does show that the pull-out love seat will fill that whole area. our bed was put together as a queen, but could be separated. this was cabin 9636

1863971810_Roomasyouenter.jpg.90081040f5d626cfd1d6cc4058b5bdb7.jpg

Does anyone know where everyone sleeps if there are 3 people in a balcony stateroom? My mom and her sisters are on the 9th deck on the Spirit. Thanks!

we had 4 (:eek:)in a balcony room on the Pearl...not sure if this is the same arrangment as the Spirit, but there were two twin beds, a couch that pulled out and a bunk that came out of the ceiling. Wow, was it cramped.

My sisters and I shared a balcony room in November. It was tight with the 3rd bed out. It basically was wall to wall bed. It worked but if I had it to do again I might book a mini suite instead.

Wall to wall bed. That's a good way of putting it LOL

Our balcony cabin was on deck 11, but it looked similar to the one in Toyz's picture. DD slept on the pull out sofa, which was very uncomfortable until we took extra blankets and put them under the thin mattress, on top of the metal bars that frame the bed. (Especially the bar that was near her head and neck.) Her head was then slightly elevated (which is good for her GERD LOL), but she no longer felt that metal bar.

Also, note the position of the little desk and chair. When the sofa bed is open, you'll have a hard time squeezing along the foot of the sofa bed to get to the balcony. We moved the chair each evening before the sofa bed was opened, and then had a few more inches to get to the balcony while DD slept in.

Finally, the two standard beds will have to be pushed together if you have 3 passengers; there just isn't space to have them set up as twins if you'll need the sofa bed too.

As I posted above, we had 4 in a balcony stateroom.

They SAY there's room. I would never do it again :eek: :eek: very very crowded when you're all trying to get ready to go somewhere. someone would be trying to get stuff out of a shelf, and the door to the bathroom would open. Or, someone would be trying to get to their bed, and someone else was trying to get by them to get to the bathroom. Or, I would come in the door...slllllowwwly open it, and the bathroom door would open. The shelves, bathroom door, and the cabin door are all within a couple of feet of each other *shudder* (on the Pearl anyway, not sure about any other ships)

I thought I read on CC sometime that the pull-outs were especially uncomfortable... Any personal experience?

when we were on the spirit we casually mentioned that my daughter did not find bed comfortable and the steward brought some foam thing that helped a lot. I am not sure what it was since we had just mentioned it in passing and didnt ask for anything special to be done about it! Our room stewards were the BEST!

Archived