Things to do @ Cozumel for just one day

gpiglet

My bf and I are going on a cruise in May. We will be @ Cozumel on May 13, 10am - 6pm.

Any recommendation please? It is our first time @ Cozumel and first time on a cruise.

I remember some thread mentioned about water park. Is there enough time for us to go to water park? Does the ticket price include meal and beverage?

Thank you in advance.

Don't book an excursion! Cozumel is the perfect place to not book an excursion. Would you like to go snorkeling? Cozumel has world class snorkeling, but you don't need to book a tour. Just take a taxi to Dzul-Ha. They have rentals, food, drinks, showers, lockers available for a small fee, but the snorkeling is free. This way you can escape the cruise crowds and come and go at your leisure.

Thanks Lou33.

I heard snokerling is world famous too but is that enough time for us to do that? (Our cruise depart @ 6pm)

Also, I'm not a good swimmer, do I need to be a good swimmer to do snokerling? (My bf is a good swimmer, not me. I only swim at the pool)

Yes, you will have more than enough time. You will probably only want to spend 2 hours snorkeling maybe another hour if you want to have lunch there and relax a little bit. The snorkeling areas of Dzul-Ha and Corona Beach are about a 10 min taxi ride from the pier. There are taxis everywhere. After snorkeling just stand by the side of the road, and one will stop within 1 minute.

You don't need to be a good swimmer. But if it would make you feel more comfortable, you can rent a snorkeling vest that will help you float. All areas in Cozumel have some current, but it is not a big deal. You can just drift slowly, then walk back. If you boyfriend is a strong swimmer, I'm sure he will watch over you.

If this is your first time, you might consider Corona Beach. The access to the water might be slightly easier, and there might be a little less current. Here is a link that shows you what Dzul-Ha looks like.

It's fun to talk to the locals there. You can practice Spanish if you want, or most of them speak a little english.

http://cozumelmexico.net/Dzul_Ha.html

Hey there, you can also go to Mr. Sanchos... for a awesome day in paradise you can't go wrong here. All Inclusive for just $40 each and that is all you can drink and eat, loungers in prime location. I have used tourcozumel dot net. They also have other options. Just enjoy your day, Cozumel is a great stop!

Are there lockers at Corona Beach also that you can rent or only at Dzul-ha? Is it too late to go around 3:30 or 4:00 and stay for two hours to snorkel till like 6:00PM and easy to get a taxi back from Corona Beach at that time? We were thinking Corona because it is easier access in the water we heard and some in our group had never snorkeled. Some wanted to go to the small ruins first so we were hoping to be able to go back to town and get a taxi to take us back to Corona Beach when we got back from the ruins. Is that feasible at that time? Thanks for any info!

Our family of 5 went on a snorkeling excusion with Eagle Ray. We brought our children age 9 and 5 to snorkel for the first time. You can snorkel 2 or 3 reefs. We did the 2 reefs and our excursion took about 2-3 hours. One of the divers will come in the water with you and point out different things. You do not need to be a strong swimmer, they give you a life jacket and you just float. It was such a GREAT day. The coral and fish were amazing. It is the 2nd largest coral reef in the world. The groups are small so you get a lot of personal attention. The boats are not the best or biggest but they are safe and get you to the reefs. It was such an awesome day!

Playa Uvas is also a great place for snorkeling. They have many different packages to choose from. The service,drinks and food is great. There are not alot of people there. You do have to reserve ahead of time. They have clear kayaks,snorkeling tours, and I believe I saw jet skis. They also offer massgages which are great. Check out their website. We had a great time.

Archived