Celebrity Mercury

Frankie Sue

On Celebrity Mercury, what are the differences between Sunset Veranda cabins et Concierge Class Veranda cabins? How do the cabins compare with Holland America Veranda cabins? Also what is the policy on Celebrity about bringing wine on board? I have heard that they charge you a corking fee as you board the ship for each bottle brought on board regardless of drinking it in your cabin or the dining room? Is Celebrity really on par or better than Holland America?

I have noticed a great deal on a Panama crossing cruise in Oct. 2009 and would like a little bit more info from my Cruise Critic friends before deciding.

Thanks for your info.

On Celebrity Mercury, what are the differences between Sunset Veranda cabins et Concierge Class Veranda cabins?

The Sunset Verandah cabins are all located aft, and they're about 224 sq ft, with a separate screened off sitting area, and a very large balcony.

The CC Verandah cabin has more extras, like fancier robes, a pillow "menu", upgraded linens & towels, and fresh flowers. The size of the cabins is only about 172 sq ft, the same size as a regular 2A Verandah cabin, and has the same size balcony as the 2A, unless you get one of the 4 CC cabins on deck 12 above the cafe. Those balconies are much larger. For the money, I'd pick either a regular 2A Verandah, or go for a Sunset Verandah, myself.

How do the cabins compare with Holland America Veranda cabins?

Celebrity's cabins are about the same size as comparable verandah cabins on HAL. X's have no tub, and I don't think the beds are as heavenly as HAL's, but the TV is much more interactive. You can check your onboard account, order room service, order wine for dinner, even gamble:rolleyes: on the TV in your cabin.

Also what is the policy on Celebrity about bringing wine on board? I have heard that they charge you a corking fee as you board the ship for each bottle brought on board regardless of drinking it in your cabin or the dining room?

Celebrity allows 2 bottles of wine per cabin upon embarkation. If you drink it in your cabin, there's no corking fee. If you bring it to the diningroom, you'll be charged a $25:eek: corking fee.

Is Celebrity really on par or better than Holland America?

Mercury is my least favorite ship in Celebrity's fleet. But, that said, Celebrity is at LEAST as nice as Holland America, maybe a little nicer, IMO. :)

I have noticed a great deal on a Panama crossing cruise in Oct. 2009 and would like a little bit more info from my Cruise Critic friends before deciding.

I would recommend that you post this on the Celebrity board, too. You're likely to get more responses there also.

Good luck and happy cruising, whatever you choose!:D

Thanks a lot usha. Your information is really very useful and will help me decide whether or not this is the right ship for us.

I really appreciate the time you took to give me all the info.

Happy cruising to you also

Archived