All wood? Any metal?

Ilivetogo

Having said that be careful not to put your magnet(s) on the desk and then lay your sign & sail card on the same desk. The desks also are metal and in some cases it will demagnatize your card. (1st hand experience:o)

Charlie

Thanks Charlie! I've had first hand experience with this too! I've found out (the hard way) that even putting the card in your pocket with a CELL PHONE will un-do the strip too! :eek:

Another way to make it NOT work is to put TWO cards with magnetic strips together! That'll do it too. :(

I'm not easily offended or faint of heart. I believe I would have a blast playing this. I hope you don't have to have a "partner" because I don't have one. I'm a single mom sailing with the little ones.

I hope I get to find out, too!

To play Quest you'll need to find a group. It shouldn't be a problem to find one. The kids DO NOT need to see any part of Quest.

Bring Post-Its. They are very handy.

I'm not easily offended or faint of heart. I believe I would have a blast playing this. I hope you don't have to have a "partner" because I don't have one. I'm a single mom sailing with the little ones.

I hope I get to find out, too!

We just latched on to the people sitting around us and created an impromptu group. That's pretty typical. The more the merrier in The Quest. Great way to get to know people - even more than you'd hoped. ;)

I'm trying to think of more ways to keep our tiny little room neat (we'll be 4 in our inside stateroom in August) and I was thinking of keeping a couple of magnet clips to hold the Daily on the "wall". That way we can all see it and it won't keep getting tossed around on a table or bed or the floor.

I've seen photos of the insides of the rooms before, but since I see a lot of wood-look closet door surfaces, etc., I wasn't sure if there are any metal surfaces that would hold a magnet!

Anybody know? I'll be on the Star.

We always travel inside, so I can relate to the room problem (except there are always just DH and myself--no kids). Here are some tips:

1. Get a 24-pocket shoe bag and hang it on the OUTSIDE of the bathroom door. In this you can put your suntan lotion, water goggles, books, rain gear, water bottles, cell phones, binoculars, camera, battery charger, sunglasses, ziplock baggies, the ever-mentioned duct tape :D, etc., etc., etc.

2. Then get a little 12-pocket one (this can be a flimsy Dollar Store variety) to hang on the INSIDE of the bathroom door. This will hold the things you need to grab while inside--toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrushes/combs, makeup--you get the idea. There are places to store these things, but this puts everything where you can see it and where the kids can reach what they need (or too high to reach, if you want that and if your kids are little:D).

3. Have the purser's desk punch a hole in your Set Sail passes (or whatever NCL calls them--I get mixed up with RCCL terminology) and bring a thing around your neck to hold them. At the end of the day, these can either be hung (can't remember if there is a hook) by the door or tucked in one of the pockets of the shoe holder.

4. As soon as I get onboard, I glance--or study, if that needs to be done--the papers and books always provided in each cabin. Then I pack them all up and put them in the most inconvenient storage space available, never to be seen again.

5. Your empty luggage will fit under the bed.

6. If this is important to you, you can ask your cabin steward to remove the contents of the little refridgerator so you can store your own drinks, snacks, etc., in there. If there is anything else in the cabin that you do not need, ask your room steward if it can be removed.

7. If you need additional hangers for clothing, just ask your room steward.

Hope this information helps. It certainly makes for a more pleasant trip if you can keep your inside space fairly uncluttered.

Oh, and one more thing. Don't think you need to pack everything that is suggested (except for my suggestions, of course--ha!). You can really do without most of the stuff that is suggested.

We just latched on to the people sitting around us and created an impromptu group. That's pretty typical. The more the merrier in The Quest. Great way to get to know people - even more than you'd hoped. ;)

Put the kids to bed and get a sitter. The Quest games is played late night. You do not want your kids to see this! Yes, just join a group of people. Any group wil be happy to have you. The more you have the better chance you have of......something:rolleyes:

We always travel inside, so I can relate to the room problem (except there are always just DH and myself--no kids). Here are some tips:

1. Get a 24-pocket shoe bag and hang it on the OUTSIDE of the bathroom door. In this you can put your suntan lotion, water goggles, books, rain gear, water bottles, cell phones, binoculars, camera, battery charger, sunglasses, ziplock baggies, the ever-mentioned duct tape :D, etc., etc., etc.

2. Then get a little 12-pocket one (this can be a flimsy Dollar Store variety) to hang on the INSIDE of the bathroom door. This will hold the things you need to grab while inside--toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrushes/combs, makeup--you get the idea. There are places to store these things, but this puts everything where you can see it and where the kids can reach what they need (or too high to reach, if you want that and if your kids are little:D).

3. Have the purser's desk punch a hole in your Set Sail passes (or whatever NCL calls them--I get mixed up with RCCL terminology) and bring a thing around your neck to hold them. At the end of the day, these can either be hung (can't remember if there is a hook) by the door or tucked in one of the pockets of the shoe holder.

4. As soon as I get onboard, I glance--or study, if that needs to be done--the papers and books always provided in each cabin. Then I pack them all up and put them in the most inconvenient storage space available, never to be seen again.

5. Your empty luggage will fit under the bed.

6. If this is important to you, you can ask your cabin steward to remove the contents of the little refridgerator so you can store your own drinks, snacks, etc., in there. If there is anything else in the cabin that you do not need, ask your room steward if it can be removed.

7. If you need additional hangers for clothing, just ask your room steward.

Hope this information helps. It certainly makes for a more pleasant trip if you can keep your inside space fairly uncluttered.

Oh, and one more thing. Don't think you need to pack everything that is suggested (except for my suggestions, of course--ha!). You can really do without most of the stuff that is suggested.

Thank you so much for the helpful hints. I'll need plenty of help keeping things neat with 2 teenagers and a messy 9 yr old (and me:rolleyes: in that tiny room).

I do already have a small pile of stuff I've got ready to go: I got the big over the door shoe holder thingy (not the cheapo one). I also have a power strip, little travel sized Lysol spray, a small paper pad to jot down notes at the end of the day and I'm going to get some of the large ziplocks. (I even got some Poo-Pourri since there's 4 of us in such a small space :rolleyes:.)

Put the kids to bed and get a sitter. The Quest games is played late night. You do not want your kids to see this! Yes, just join a group of people. Any group wil be happy to have you. The more you have the better chance you have of......something:rolleyes:

OOOOH. Now you've all got me really intrigued about this game. I can't wait to play it. I hope I can manage to get in on a game. I have 2 teens and a 9 yr old -- it won't be hard to "ditch" them since we're going with a group that includes their grandmother! :D

OOOOH. Now you've all got me really intrigued about this game. I can't wait to play it. I hope I can manage to get in on a game. I have 2 teens and a 9 yr old -- it won't be hard to "ditch" them since we're going with a group that includes their grandmother! :D

HA! Grandma may want to play too! I think we had 20 some odd teams when we played so finding a team shouldn't be a problem. I think it was on the last night of the cruise.

Someone correct me if I am wrong on that.

Sandy

to tell you how to play Quest would be like telling you what goes on during the crew show and their performance in FOUNTAINS.

somethings are better left unsaid.

Just be sure to not miss the crew show & fountains, if they do it. Saw it on the Spirit and I was ROFLMAO. I will not give this away either, you must be there to enjoy.

Archived