Carnival Sumgglers Unite!!!! Post smuggle pics here!

OZjones12

A $400 bar tab for a 7 day cruise!!!!HAHA....That is a joke. Try this....... my wife and I go on a 7 night cruise and the cruise cost $1850 for both of us....and the bar tab was $2,100....i think we have a problem!!! :)

OMG---please tell me you are kidding. How is that possible. You need to order you some rum runners....QUICK...lol

Like i said before, the cruise lines could cut there alcohol prices in half and still make a killing.

From what I read, no need to smuggle at the San Juan port. There is a liquor store right in the embarkation building! If you spend a certain amount they even give you a cart with wheels.

So, if you are sailing on the Victory out of San Juan, save the luggage fees and buy there!

jpd <<<<46 days to go : )

Are you serious?!! We will be traveling out of San Juan in February and I've been struggling with whether or not to take alcohol or not. This board is really an eye opener! Are you saying that Carnival allows you to embark with alcohol in a carry-on or that cart from the liquor store with no problems? Do you just walk on through? It seems like they would stop you or something and you'd have to declare it?!! This will be our first trip out of this port and I'm really looking forward to the cruise, but agree that alcohol is ridiculously high. I'd be very happy with a couple of bottles of rum and purchase my diet coke from the cruise!! My boyfriend usually drinks vodka and water so if he can get a bottle of vodka on, he's set! Thanks to all for the information. I'll keep looking at the posts to see if I can pick up any more pointers. Hope some of you will be sailing with us on Feb 7 (Carnival Victory).

I got a question though for all you previous Carnival sailers, Did the cabin stewart let you use the cabin fridge or did most of you keep things cool in ice buckets and coolers?

The cabin stewart on our Carnival cruise let me use the fridge to keep my "Cerveza's" cold :D:D.

He just asked that I keep the previous contents (Carnival's stocked beer and spirits) on top of the fridge, on the tray, so that he could keep an eye on it daily. Just so that there wouldn't any misunderstanding if something went missing.

He even supplied ice 2x a day:D:D.

At $5 a beer on board, I prefer to bring my own "Brown Pops" eh!!:rolleyes:

Also used my backpack with a collapsible cooler inside, filled with beer and ice. For those hot sunny days, at sea, by the pool, aaaaahh, memories :cool:!

Ok, hubby drinks Miller lite...do I need to try and find the 16 oz. aluminum bottles like they sell on the ship or will I be ok just packing a case of 12 oz cans? He plans on bringing some to the pool(will use a coozie), so need to know which is the best option.

Do a search for Victory reveiws. There are quite a few good ones with some awesome photography. There is an ongoing thread titled " All things Victory". Quite long, but has useful information in it. ALSO, there is a great reviews complete with photos by tiggeman (or tiggerman) cigardude, and beentravelin, etc. Check those out...I read them during lunch to help the 46 days and counting go faster. : ) In the "all things victory" you will see their names pop up and I think most of those have a link to their reveiw. Tiggerman's is great...funny and informative. Have a great time!

Joy

Are you serious?!! We will be traveling out of San Juan in February and I've been struggling with whether or not to take alcohol or not. This board is really an eye opener! Are you saying that Carnival allows you to embark with alcohol in a carry-on or that cart from the liquor store with no problems? Do you just walk on through? It seems like they would stop you or something and you'd have to declare it?!! This will be our first trip out of this port and I'm really looking forward to the cruise, but agree that alcohol is ridiculously high. I'd be very happy with a couple of bottles of rum and purchase my diet coke from the cruise!! My boyfriend usually drinks vodka and water so if he can get a bottle of vodka on, he's set! Thanks to all for the information. I'll keep looking at the posts to see if I can pick up any more pointers. Hope some of you will be sailing with us on Feb 7 (Carnival Victory).

It`s true about San Juan-I carried two quarts of rum in my carry on-not a peep from Carnival. They even have a guy hawking liquor as you wait to board, telling you you can carry on as much as you can carry.

In fact, it was this way at every port on the Victory.

We are sailing with a large group of about 200 people. We are planning to do a cabin crawl and our cabin is on the list. We will be serving Plastic Test Tubes with different alcohol in them. I'm more worried about getting the test tubes on board than the liquor. Can you imagine the look on the x-ray person's face when they see 200 plastic test tubes in my luggage? :eek:

For those non beer drinkers and would like something a little stronger to drink on by the pool or on deck.... It holds a good assortment of mini bottles...

ammo.jpg

Sometimes (most of the time) it draws a crowd wanting a look or sample.... No problem. as they are easily refilled in the cabin ~~!!~~

Image3.jpg

Im going on the Victory next month, so I can carry on all that I want during embarktion, but where can I buy a belt like that?!

About San Juan Port..after researching, We found that Mon-Fri, the port has Carnival employees handling security and such but on weekends, the port has it's own local staff so chances are, if you board on a weekend, getting booze onboard in your carry-on is quite easy. We left from San Juan on our last Destiny cruise on a Sunday, there was a small store at the bottom of an escalator where my Father-in-law and I each bought a fifth of booze..we put it in our carry-on..checked -in..walked right onboard, no issues. We still spent plenty on-board but it is nice to be able to pour a cocktail in the room when you feel like it. This makes us smugglers..with a conscience I guess!! haha

About San Juan Port..after researching, We found that Mon-Fri, the port has Carnival employees handling security and such but on weekends, the port has it's own local staff so chances are, if you board on a weekend, getting booze onboard in your carry-on is quite easy. We left from San Juan on our last Destiny cruise on a Sunday, there was a small store at the bottom of an escalator where my Father-in-law and I each bought a fifth of booze..we put it in our carry-on..checked -in..walked right onboard, no issues. We still spent plenty on-board but it is nice to be able to pour a cocktail in the room when you feel like it. This makes us smugglers..with a conscience I guess!! haha

Yeah - since the Victory leaves out on Sunday, I guess thats why most people on here havent had any problems bringing all they want aboard.

Also, I heard that there were two stores - one downstairs, and one upstairs. Supposedly one is better than the other, but I cant remember which one is.

We are sailing with a large group of about 200 people. We are planning to do a cabin crawl and our cabin is on the list. We will be serving Plastic Test Tubes with different alcohol in them. I'm more worried about getting the test tubes on board than the liquor. Can you imagine the look on the x-ray person's face when they see 200 plastic test tubes in my luggage? :eek:

Just tell them you are the swine flu police, and the test tubes are for samples ~~!!~~86.gif

policescooterpig401sm.gif

Im going on the Victory next month, so I can carry on all that I want during embarktion, but where can I buy a belt like that?!

Mine was a gift. One could be easily made with a wide belt and a strip of elastic, and a little velcro.(and a little sewing knowledge) ~~!!~~

I did find this web site with several liquor belts:

http://www.thebarshop.com/The_Original_BarShop_0001/MASTER%20BAR/Serverpage1x.htm

Please tell me the OP doesn't work for Carnival and is on a recon mission!?!?!?

They know what is going on.... Several Carnival employees post regularly on the CC boards ~~!!~~

As long as bar receipts exceed 100% of quota for the sailing, Carnival is happy. If liquor revenues dropped below an acceptable level Carnival would clamp down in a hurry......

2cents.jpg

A person has a drink or two in the cabin and then heads to the pool, feeling no pain, he losses some of his inhibitions, and having a good time he orders another, and then another drink from the pool bar so he doesn't have to take the hike back to his cabin for a refill.

Mine was a gift. One could be easily made with a wide belt and a strip of elastic, and a little velcro.(and a little sewing knowledge) ~~!!~~

I did find this web site with several liquor belts:

http://www.thebarshop.com/The_Original_BarShop_0001/MASTER%20BAR/Serverpage1x.htm

Thanks Joebat.

I found a few on ebay as well.

I think thats a better option for me since my sewing options are not up to par. :D

So I looked through our pics for smuggling pics-- I have one somewhere- but what I found were lots of pics of us with our friends at the pool drinkin Carnival drinks. Go figure- most smugglers probably give Carnival more $$ than the non smugglers. Smugglers are usually bigger drinkers I think. When I'm drinkin I eat much less too. So they save on the food that I didn't eat!

We smuggle-

We buy from Carnival

If we weren't able to smuggle we would either drink less (probably not) or stop cruising and do the all inclusive thing. ;) All I know is when we cruise we have fun!!!! And that's what it's all about:D

• 2 weeks later...

DH and I went on an RCCL cruise last year and took 1.75 liters of rum in plastic bottles bought from the liquor store in our luggage just wrapped in towels. No problem. His mom (who read us the riot act about bringing booze) wanted to know why we didn't bring her vodka! We used the rum to put floaters on the many drinks we purchased on board. Our bar tab was about $450 for a 7 night cruise, even with the rum we brought. We would have just drank less (no floaters) to keep our tab down if we hadn't been able to bring our own so I don't feel that RCCL lost out on anything. They would have lost out more if we were non-drinkers entirely!

Archived