Past Guest Pins - What do You think?

sailor44

Anyone have an opinion as to the value of the past guest pins?

I guess if I used a lanyard or a hat I could put them on there, but I don't so I really don't think I have a use for them.

What do you think? :D

I usually wear mine on elegant night on my jacket or shirt. I guess it could go on your tie too.

I'd like your Fascination pin, if you don't want it.

Sewut

You can also email Carnival and they can verify you were on that ship and they will mail you a new one

There are a few posts on here indicating that people have not been getting their requests filled lately.

Also it looks like the Fascination only does short cruises (right now anyway) and they don't give them out for short cruises. They may no longer be available.

Anyone have an opinion as to the value of the past guest pins?

I guess if I used a lanyard or a hat I could put them on there, but I don't so I really don't think I have a use for them.

What do you think? :D

I have a fishing type of hat that has like 18 Pins around it, I get lots of compliments from the Terminal Cruise staff when I wear it. I hope I can find it, not sure what the heck happen to it but its should still be around.

Fred

I have been on 3 cruises so far and have yet to receive one so I have no thoughts :(

You should have 2 pins, thats is if those cruises were 7 day cruises??? I forget how many days the cruise has to be before they have a Past Guest Party.

I know they do not have them on 3 day cruises.

You get an invitation in your cabin, if not start asking the Cabin Steward. If you have a Gold Sail and Sign Card you should get an invitation to go to the Party. Its top secret and you must have your decoder ring ready to use.

Fred

Anyone out there have a Sensation pin they might be willing to part with? Willing to pay... I have tried several times through PVP and customer service and it appears they don't make them anymore for that ship. Would like to keep the collection current ya know :) and yes I looked on ebay and didn't see one.

DITTO on that. Was on the Sensation twice and its the only one I dont have. Id love to get one too!

OH NO!!.. I just sent an email to customer service for the Sensation pin as that is the only one I'm missing...I will be bummed if they don't come thru for me..like you I have been looking on ebay and they are not to be had..

They told me on the phone that they are no longer made for the Sensation. :(

You should have 2 pins, thats is if those cruises were 7 day cruises??? I forget how many days the cruise has to be before they have a Past Guest Party.

I know they do not have them on 3 day cruises.

You get an invitation in your cabin, if not start asking the Cabin Steward. If you have a Gold Sail and Sign Card you should get an invitation to go to the Party. Its top secret and you must have your decoder ring ready to use.

Fred

From Carnival website's past guest recognition program: Invitation to special cocktail reception (5 day or longer cruise)

It's not easy to find, so here is the link: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/concierge.aspx

From Carnival website's past guest recognition program: Invitation to special cocktail reception (5 day or longer cruise)

It's not easy to find, so here is the link: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_t...concierge.aspx

-------------------------------------

Thank you! I haven't been able to get an answer to that.

What do you have to do to get a pin? Do all the ships have them?

elizabeth

It's not easy to find, so here is the link: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/concierge.aspx

-------------------------------------

Thank you! I haven't been able to get an answer to that.

What do you have to do to get a pin? Do all the ships have them?

elizabeth

Apparently only the ships that have itineraries 5 days or longer have the pins. When you are on a cruise 5 days or longer the pin will come in your cabin along with the invite to the past guest party.

Wow, sell mine and it could pay for a few DOD's on my next cruise.:D

I'll tell ya....don't throw anything away from your cruise. I've seen Carnival pens (like you can buy in the gift shop on board) go for 10.00...and those ship models in the original boxes have gone as high as 50-60.00.

I was on the pre-Inaugural of the Holiday before it went in to regular service in 1985. They gave us one of the hardback books about Holiday, a nice Cross pen with the name and date and Carnival logo on the clip in a pretty box lined with gold satin - and a few other things....postcards with the name and date emblazoned across the bottom, etc.

Sold the book for over 60.00, the pen drew almost 100.00 and from 25-45.00 for the other things....

Anything with the original 3 ships names or images draw premium prices too. Heck, I've even seen #1 priority luggage tags get 9-10.00!!!!!

Hey, my eBay sales help support my cruise addiction.....that's why I sell....plus it's a lot of fun......

Pins? How many cruises? I have never found past guest levels. Maybe I haven't cruised enuf? Or asked the right questions?

The pins are only given out on cruises of 5 days or longer...... The room steward puts them in the cabin along with the invite to the Past Guest party.....

Been on 4 cruises now (the last two a 7 day and 6 day) and have yet to see a past guest pin.

Been invited to the Past Guest reception on each cruise....

So, No, apparently not everyone gets a Past Guest pin with their invites.

Bill

Been on 4 cruises now (the last two a 7 day and 6 day) and have yet to see a past guest pin.

Been invited to the Past Guest reception on each cruise....

So, No, apparently not everyone gets a Past Guest pin with their invites.

Bill

On some ships we've had to hand over our invitations at the door to the PGP and they handed us a pin in return. I asked on the Pride why they did it that way instead of just leaving the pins in the cabin with the invite and I was told it was to help prevent people from joining the party that weren't past guests.

In the future, if you don't get a pin with your invitation....just go to the party and get it. You don't have to stay, if you don't want to. :)

Past guest pins are a novelty. I have them but they just sit in my jewelry box. Trust me, when I sail CCL again, I will add to my collection but I don't wear them or anything. Before I left for my 2nd CCL cruise, I sent an email to guest relations asking them to have a guest pin for my first cruise in my stateroom. I gave them all the details they needed. I entered my cabin and only my Pride pin was there, nothing for the Spirit so I was bummed. About a couple weeks after we returned from our cruise, there was 2 Spirit pins in the mail to us. Very cool.

In the future, if you don't get a pin with your invitation....just go to the party and get it. You don't have to stay, if you don't want to. :)

We have gone to the parties and did not receive the pins there either.

Luckily, we could not careless about the pins.

Just thought people should know that they will not automatically be given pins. (at least not on the Glory or Freedom)

Bill

We have gone to the parties and did not receive the pins there either.

Luckily, we could not careless about the pins.

Just thought people should know that they will not automatically be given pins. (at least not on the Glory or Freedom)

Bill

Just wanted to say that we did receive our pins on the Freedom.

It sounds like you don't have much luck getting yours. If it ever turns into something you do care about....you can ask your cabin steward for one and they'll give it to you (like people have mentioned already). :)

Just got back from our 3rd Carnival cruise so now have our second pins. Ours kids bught lanyards each and have decided they will collect and wear then - good ice breaker at Camp Carnival.

We were on the Pride and they were left in our cabin - although we had 4 PGP invites but only 3 pins, I just went to the pursers explained and they gave me a 4th.

I was going to try eBay for Inspiration pins for the kids but don't feel like paying lots of $'s for them, maybe we will just have to go an another cruise on Inspiration instead. But I will be looking to see how much Liberty and Pride pins are selling for maybe I too could get some DOD money?

• 2 weeks later...

Well part anyway. I got the Ecstasy pins I needed. And received a nice letter, it did state "Regrettably, the Carnival Paradise ship pins are not available."

I'd keep trying..

Please let us know if you receive the pins. I called about 4 months ago because my Mom had a visor with all her pins on it and lost it. Mom is going to be 75 in May and has 22 Carnival cruises plus others under her belt. She was so upset over losing her hat so I called the above # and also received a confirmation #. About 2 months ago I called back because she still didn't receive them. At that time I was told that they didn't have any information and no such confirmation #. So, I did it again, this time making a joke "Will she have it in time for her 75th birthday?" and guess what, to date, still no pins.

I was going to surprise Mom with a new Carnival visor (which I actually purchased last week on board the Valor), was going to put the pins on it and say Happy Birthday but it doesn't seem as through that is going to happen now. I don't even feel like calling again.

We always gave the bags away to roll call friends, relatives etc. How I wish I had kept a couple around now because I use mine all the time and it's getting old.

Well part anyway. I got the Ecstasy pins I needed. And received a nice letter, it did state "Regrettably, the Carnival Paradise ship pins are not available."

I'd keep trying..

Why don't you write to John on his blog and ask for one for her 75th and tell the story as you have here. Be sure to say "Please Reply". I would bet that he'd help.

It's http://johnhealdsblog.com

Archived