Joyce Prince after her tour question

We just booked a tour with Joyce for our trip in December. Very excited as we have read many good reviews. A question: her tour is 4 hours - from about 1030 - 230. Our ship leaves at 6pm. What might we do for a few hours after she drops us off back at the dock? Any good restaurant/bar recommendations?

I would ask Joyce to drop you off in downtown Philipsburg, instead of back at the Cruise Facility.

You could easily spend an hour or three wandering up and down Front Street shopping and visiting the Boardwalk for restaurats and bars.

Any specific recommendation for a bar or restaurant would depend on your personal tastes and adventure level.

gary

Thanks Gary, we would be looking for something casual in either a bar/restaurant. Would like something by the water. Flexible in food taste and not too worried about cost. Have you been to Cabo in Mexico? Along the boardwalk and marina there are several open air restaurant/bars where you can hang out, drink, eat, and people watch.

Any recommendations?

Cabo -- that's funny. We just got back from eight days in Cabo. Love that place, and it's a lot easier/cheaper to get to from California than St. Maarten.

First I'm going to point you to my Virtual Walk along the Boardwalk. It's a photo gallery of virtually evry spot along the Boardwalk from the Fall of 2007.

I'll recommend three different types of spots:

Holland House

Taloula Mango's

The Pasanggrahan

Take a look at their websites and see if anything rings your bell. We've got plenty of time to discuss.

gary

p.s. Joyce is a dear friend.

Hi Gary,

Thanks so much for the pics and websites. I'm ready to go now! Your recommendations look great. I'll share them with my friend Teri who will be cruising with me.

Glad you had a great time in Cabo. One of my favorite ports having been there seven times. I'm a Southern Californian so as you mentioned alot easier to get there than to the Caribbean. Haven't been to the Caribbean for 10 years so excited to get back. Never been to St. Martin.

We are really looking forward to touring with Joyce as have read many great things about her

Thanks again

Michelle

Archived