Hair Dryers & Flat Irons???

kmbrlyb

Will be on the Sapphire Princess on the 18th, and I was wondering if there will be a hair dryer in our cabin? Will there be a place to plug in my flat iron???

Thank you for your info!

Kimberly

I haven't been on ships other than RCI but every one had hair dryers in them and outlets for my curling iron. I bring my own hair dryer because I have thick hair and the ships hair dryer doesn't have as many watts as mine.

I would post your question on the Princess forum.

Typically there are blow dryers. I take my own because I've learned from experience that you can never trust that there will be a workable hair dryer.

There is a plug receptacle at the vanity desk on most ships. Some people bring along a power strip or an extension cord, but be careful not to overload the system, too much draw from the system can blow a fuse for you and surrounding cabins.

I don't use an iron or straightener, but my daughter does. We take along a kitchen hot pad for her iron to rest on while she's ironing her hair and while it cools off.

Typically there are blow dryers. I take my own because I've learned from experience that you can never trust that there will be a workable hair dryer.

There is a plug receptacle at the vanity desk on most ships. Some people bring along a power strip or an extension cord, but be careful not to overload the system, too much draw from the system can blow a fuse for you and surrounding cabins.

I don't use an iron or straightener, but my daughter does. We take along a kitchen hot pad for her iron to rest on while she's ironing her hair and while it cools off.

Perfect! That's all I needed to know. Thank you so much for the tip about the hot pad. I will use it for sure! :) Kimberly

Yes, Princess does have a hairdryer. It is on the wall next to the desk/vanity and there is a plug for your flat iron. I always bring my own though. Their dryers just don't do a good job and there seems to be a lot of complaining about them on the Princess boards. I bought a $20 ionic travel dryer that works great and takes up very little room.

Archived