Walking from Holiday Inn convention center new orleans

Terry King

We are staying here pre cruise and have been told the lines to the cruise terminal are long, has anyone walked there from the hotel ? we are a family of 5 and all of our suitcases have wheels. Will this be a problem and how long will it take to walk there.

thanks Terry

The HI is across the street from the Convention Center (the terminal is behind the CC) but you have to take a round-about way to get to the terminal. The best way would probably be to walk down to the "Whale" lot and through the Riverwalk Mall. It would be equal to about six blocks. I don't think I would do it if I had small children.

Why try walking, there is a lot of traffic and the street is hard to get across. For about $5.00 you can get a cab and make life easer and safer. Cabs are everywhere near the hotel. I learned my lesson the hard way tried walking once from hotel pre-cruse and sprained my ankle dragging my wheeled case and bags.

Cabs are expensive in NOLA, but worth it... We paid $7per person to get from Hilton Riverside to the port... It LOOKED so close, we could see the ship from the hotel and only looked like it was a couple of blocks, but with all that luggage and the condition of the streets/sidewalks, I would NOT have wanted to do it!

Archived