Port Canaveral Hotels--Help!!

Morgan32

After reading about the Radisson on this board, I thought I'd try to book that for the night before our cruise in March. I checked rates at both Yahoo travel & the Radisson web site...$139 for one night for two people...eek! That was the cheapest room unless you work for the gov't or are a AAA member.

What other hotels are near the port (and might cost a little less)? We are driving, so proximity to the airport isn't necessary. Also, how much does parking at the port cost?

Thanks!

We are on the Mariner in March and staying at the Radisson the night before (3/5). We have the AAA rate which is a little less than your quoted rate. We are also driving to FL. Parking at the port is $70 ($10/day). The Radisson offers a free shuttle to the port while you leave your car at their facility. If you consider staying at another hotel for less, remember they may not have parking while you cruise and you may have to park at the port anyway adding the $70 to your overnight cost. Our rate also includes a breakfast buffet at the hotel.

If we were to stay someplace else and had to park at the port, we'd need a rate of about $50. I think that might be tough to find.

Cathy

Check out the Hampton Inn, Cocoa Beach. They include parking and a continental breakfast at no additional cost. I had a reservation for next Oct at $98/night. That was a discounted rate - either CAA (AAA) or government, can't remember which. If you're over 50, you might want to consider joining AARP for the discounts. We wound up cancelling only because we got a great group rate else where.

Beth

For better rates at the Radisson - call the 800 number. I got a better rate calling than on-line. I got $99. night. This was a regular room not a cruise rate package. The reservationist told me parking is included in ALL room rates and I did not need to book a cruise package for parking.

We are staying at the Comfort Inn Suites their Park/Cruise rate is $129--shuttle included. Near Ron Jon from what I understand. I generally balk at paying that much per night, but since we aren't paying for parking at the port it all works out in the end.

Kim

Here's what we always do -- it's cheap, clean, and easy:

We like to stay at the Days' Inn in Titusville, which is about 30 minutes from the port. When you pull off the interstate, the Days' Inn is literally 100 yards down the road -- very easy to find. Within 2-3 miles you can find fast food, chain steak-houses, and a SuperWalmart. We pay $45-50 with a AAA discount, and that price includes a decent breakfast the next morning (doughnuts, fruit, sausage biscuits, juice and coffee).

We prefer to park at the cruise terminal so that we can walk out the door and head straight home -- no waiting your turn for a shuttle.

We usually arrive around dinner time, and we're not in the mood to do anything special because we're tired after our drive. We like to let the kids swim to work off some energy, then we eat dinner somewhere. We almost always find something we've forgotten (socks, a hairbrush . . . something), so we have to go to Walmart. Then we're close enough to the port that we can sleep in the next morning or drive down to Cocoa Beach, and still be at the port terminal without any stress.

They participate in GoldPoints, a card program where you earn points for shopping internet merchants, hotel stays or cruise vacation bookings. You have to "link" thru the GoldPoints site to get credit for the purchase. Some merchants offer quite a bit of Points per dollar spent.

For a night at the Radisson it is 30,000 points (a Tier 2 hotel)

I don't know if you could obtain enought points by March, but with the holidays and shopping going on now, you may be able to!

They also limit the number of rooms they book for this program, so best to book early!

http://www.goldpoints.com

Have fun on your cruise!

Jacqueyn :D

We have a Goldpoints card, too. We are being charged 60,000 points for the Radisson. Apparently, there are no rooms available for the "30,000" rate and we have to use "flex-points". We booked in late August for December! I hate these reward programs fine print. We spent 30 nights in a $200/night Radisson hotel room and we are basically getting one night free....woohoo!??

Archived