Just booked Mariner of the Sea for June 2005 Need Info

marcyjane

Hi,

We decided to try RC and just booked the Mariner of the Sea for June. Aft cabin 1690, hope we made a good choice.

Have a few question about RC's please in case things are different from the other cruise line we had been on before. (I know, I know I should have asked the people on the phone when I booked, but was so excited I forget. I knew you guys at CC would be here for me.;)

1) Do they have the sail N sign cards?

2) How is the tipping handle by RC? Charged to your card or do they use the envelopes?

3) I noticed that you fill your info and boarding pass out on line on the web site. Do they still send boading pass, luggage tags etc in the mail prior to sailing date?

Just anything you can tell me will be helpful.

I was on the Mariner in October. What a beautiful ship! I will try to answer your questions. They do have the cards. Royal calls them seapass cards. I have never been on Carnival, but I would guess that they are the same thing. You use them for onboard purchases, they are your cabin key, you use them to get on and off of the ship, etc. With tipping you have the option of putting cash in the envelopes or having it put on your seapass card. I like to give cash. You will get your docs prior to your cruise. They have your luggage tags and different excursions that you can do while you are in port. Some people have gotten e-docs. I'm not sure what is in those because I have always gotten the regular docs.

Go and have a wonderful time! She is an awesome ship. Here is a link to some photos I took while onboard. Feel free to take a look.

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=author%3A161502&tab=photos

Lisa

You are going to LOVE the Mariner!!!

RCCL does have the cards like Carnival's Sail 'n Sign cards. You will receive either documents in a booklet or e-docs. If you receive e-docs, you must print them out. Once at the pier, you fill out your luggage tags there...very easy. Tips are as stated above cash in envelope or put on your Seapass card. However, if you put them on your Seapass, you will be give envelopes and vouchers to actually hand to the staff. You can add extra cash to the vouchers if you want. RCCL's excursions are better than Carnivals because you can actually book an excursion before your cruise. Whereas on Carnival, you have to wait until you actually board the ship (unless they have changed since 2002).

The Mariner is a fabulous ship and you are going to have sooo much fun!! :D

I concur with everyone above. I too, have been on both Carnival and RCI and loved the Explorer, we just just had to go on her sister ship, the Mariner. Though wee have had a blast on every cruise we have been on, RCI was the first great experience in the dining room. Bad luck, I guess, but we finally experienced what it was like to have a wonderful wait staff and tablemates.

Have a wonderful time, and we'll try to keep the ship in "tip-top" shape for ya!

we are going in june when are you going?? we tried to get aft on that deck and were told they were all booked. wonder if you are on our sailing and they have opened more cabins up??? 1690 is an awesome cabin great balcony... quiet etc.... enjoy!

Archived