International Cafe

flipflopfan

Hello,

May want to include more info on question in title -just a suggestion.

Ate lunch there numerous time on Emerald. DB had the Marinated lamb chops for a snack before Late Dinner and said they were excellent. Have read other good comments on them also.

Great place for a light lunch too. Especially if you get back to ship after the normal lunch times.

Enjoy!

Do all princess ships have tapas in the international cafe after 4:pm, specifically the Coral Princess? That would be good I think, yes?

Sorry, Coral does not have International Café. There are a number of ships which do not have that feature, sadly.

Thank you for the reply, that's a bummer about the International Cafe.

Does the Coral have any unique dinning or other features that the larger Grand? class ships don't have?

My DW and I have been aboard the Star and the Diamond. We're booked on the Coal in May, we've heard only good things about it and can't wait!

BTW is this a hijack? I'm kinda new here-sorry.

Thank you for the reply, that's a bummer about the International Cafe.

Does the Coral have any unique dinning or other features that the larger Grand? class ships don't have?

My DW and I have been aboard the Star and the Diamond. We're booked on the Coal in May, we've heard only good things about it and can't wait!

BTW is this a hijack? I'm kinda new here-sorry.

Yes, Int'l Café is wonderful...when you are on a ship that has it. To the OP, I have not had the tapas so I can't provide any info on that.

Coral & Island have the Bayou Café as their "unique" specialty dining option. They both also have Sabatini's (which is on most of the ships, if not all -- I can't say for sure). This link might help you, you can select any ship & see their food offerings: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/coral.html (though Caribbean is not yet updated to show the recent addition of Int'l Café...and shows Sterling, which I "think" may have been replaced with Crown Grill).

The Coral (and sister Island) are smaller than Star & Diamond. They don't have all of the same features, but these Panamax ships are the most spacious in the Princess fleet. They never feel crowded.

It's open - no problem. Wasn't busy on embarkation days that we noticed.

Int'l Café was rarely busy (that we saw). I think most people assume everything is extra cost and don't bother checking it out.

Do you have to pay for all of the food in the International Cafe??

Most of the food, before 4PM, is free. A few items are extra cost (clearly marked). Gelato (3 scoops for $1.50) is excellent and worth the charge. We didn't try other extra cost items because nothing caught our eye enough. There is so much to have free -- awesome cashew chicken salad (and other salads, all yummy), freshly baked cookies, etc. It is our favorite spot! :)

What hours is the International Cafe open? We have early morning shore excursions and I am wondering if it opens by 6:00 a.m.

Seems to depend on ship. Check this link: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/crown.html

Crown & Emerald show 24 hr; Ruby shows 7AM to 10PM; Caribbean link is not yet updated, but Int'l Café was added during the recent drydock.

Love tapas.....what are some of the tapas they serve???

That was what the OP was asking about. I replied a few posts back that I had not tried the tapas. Sorry, can't help on that one.

FYI just got off the Crown and it was open from 6am until midnight.

Thanks. Clearly the link I provided above is not accurate in many ways. Wrong times and not all ships have been updated to include Int'l Café at all (mentioned Caribbean earlier, but Star also recently added it and her link doesn't include it either).

Archived