Raiders of the Lost Mayan Cave - Any Info?

Majickman

Hi -

We are considering this excursion in Sept. Has anyone done this and can give a quick review? I have searched and all the other threads are old, or don't have any information. I was mainly concerned about the rappelling portion. Would an "average" person with no rapelling experience be ok on this excursion? My 19 year old daughter is a little scared about the rappelling portion but other than that I think we are all pumped to go on this excursion. Any help you can provide would be great!

Thanks!

Earl

The rapelling is very easy. It's a very short distance and they are good about walking you through the process. Our family of 4 just did this excursion- our youngest son (age 13) was a little nervous about the rapel and zipline but he loved them and breezed right through it. (None of us had ever rapelled before)

The hike up is pretty mild, there is some hunkering or crawling through parts of the caves. You are hooked up on any even remotely "dangerous" areas. The guides are fun and knowledgeable.

The rapelling is very easy. It's a very short distance and they are good about walking you through the process. Our family of 4 just did this excursion- our youngest son (age 13) was a little nervous about the rapel and zipline but he loved them and breezed right through it. (None of us had ever rapelled before)

The hike up is pretty mild, there is some hunkering or crawling through parts of the caves. You are hooked up on any even remotely "dangerous" areas. The guides are fun and knowledgeable.

Thanks for the information. It was enough for my daughter to give the thumbs up! Her words "If a 13 year old can do it, I can do it", LOL. I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Earl

Archived