Flying in the day of sailing, I'm so nervous, HELP (please)!!!!

Avril

I know you're looking for encouragement but all I have to say is just be prepared for the worst, we missed our ship last time we flew in same day (out of Toronto). It does happen. It was not a weather related issue but a mechanical issue with the plane. Just have a plan B - insurance info, TA phone # etc. Fortunately we had insurance and had booked our cruise and air together so they took care of us - flew us to an all inclusive resort for 2 days at our first port. As well we were reimbursed for the 2 days of the cruise that we had missed. There were many other passengers on our flight that were on different cruise lines and had no insurance. They were on their own.

We are, we are!! :eek: We called the TA and she said not to worry, "You'll be fine, it's a normal arrival time for cruisers. Carnival will be there for you" Yeh, I don't think so after reading some of the CC messages :( . We asked if she could change the flights and she said it would cost $150 extra....each :mad:. This is the last time we will fly in the same day!

Just curious Avril, are you flying from Buffalo? Hamilton? LBP? Is it non-stop?

In any case, good luck :)

Carnival didn't have us flying in until 1pm for out 4pm departure on the Valor. We made it just fine. Sure we weren't the first couple of people on the ship, but that doesn't matter to us...You will be fine, Avril and Freckles. Promise!

You've left lots of time, and you might want to look up your other flight options on other airlines in case you're doing one of those mad dashes around the airport looking for a flight. Travel interuption insurance is definitely recommended and will help ease your mind, and FLL is really close to the port so that part of trip is not an issue.

Another nice thing about Southwest is if you have to change airlines to get there in time, Southwest will give you a full credit (not cash though)for the fare paid with no change fee, just make sure to cancel it, I don't think you get the credit if you're a no-show.

I was a day-of-er until one cruise high airfares I was forced to fly in the night before. Gosh it really makes the whole trip that much better, I'm not kidding, the whole trip! Instead of being all stressed out that first day from being up early, running around, worrying about flight times, I just take the morning at my own pace, usually sleeping in, floating around the pool at the hotel, hopping to the drug-store to get that one thing a forgot, etc. Suddenly those delays at the port don't bug me as much. Taffic, eh, whatever, I've likely got hours to spare.

Come on Avi,

We are down to less than 30 days , No time to start freakin now.

You will make it w/ plenty of time and we will all meet for dods and have a great cruise !

29 days till the crazy cajuns invade the freedom!!!!

I know, I know, most likely we'll be just fine. I'm just a naturally born worry wart!! :o I'll see you onboard!! :D

I agree. :)

SWA is the most dependable airline I have ever flown on. If your flight is a straight run with no connections, I'd say don't sweat it too much. ;)

We flew SWA in March and had the most horrible delay. We sat in the airport for 3 hours because there was a mechanical problem with the plane that was scheduled to pick us up in Manchester, NH. They had to send another plane from Chicago instead. It's not always weather related, but my fellow passengers assured me that it was very unsusual for SWA to be late.

Typically we fly out of Logan, but the price was right so we slepped up to NH. The problem with a small airport is there are limited choices of places to wait (bars) when the planes are delayed for so long.

Archived