Are you excited about the Gem and the Mediterranean?

daring

Morning, mickeysgal! It's great to see you today!

Today, I plan to go into the guest bedroom, where I've been tossing stuff for weeks, with packing list in hand, and start organizing, packing, and marking off the list! Hopefully, when I'm through, I'll have everything except those items I'll need to get ready on D Day (Departure Day), with a list to mark off so I don't forget anything that morning.

I "sectioned off" my clothes, coordinated outfits, making sure I had everything I needed, last week-end. Looks like you are right on schedule, one week behind me, lol!

Just wondering, can you see my grin from where you are? I am sooooo excited! :D

I think you're more excited than I am!

I just got a whole bunch of work dumped onto my schedule. I am jam packed - each day (excluding JUST Mother's Day) and I mean morning into the night starting on the Thursday before Mother's Day up to an including the day I leave. I'm totally stressed at this point. At this point, I'm wishing we had a June itinerary. The week that we return, same thing. I'll have not a day to deal with jet lag. I've offloaded as much as can be done.

Just had to vent..

Judi, I used my local bank, and there were no conversion fees. They used the current conversion rate, and there was a $10 charge for shipping.

Thank you for your help, Mississippi1

I hope that I can find the same deal here in South Florida. I will call both of the banks that I use and see what their rates are for Euros. I think that SunTrust will be more, but I will call them and ask. The other bank is a local South Florida bank, maybe theirs will be better.

I know AAA is too much!!!!

Judi

I just got a whole bunch of work dumped onto my schedule. I am jam packed - each day (excluding JUST Mother's Day) and I mean morning into the night starting on the Thursday before Mother's Day up to an including the day I leave. I'm totally stressed at this point. At this point, I'm wishing we had a June itinerary. The week that we return, same thing. I'll have not a day to deal with jet lag. I've offloaded as much as can be done.

Just had to vent..

What do you do that you are so busy at work?

I thought that I was bad but then I work 2 full time jobs!!!

Judi

What do you do that you are so busy at work?

I thought that I was bad but then I work 2 full time jobs!!!

Judi

I work in a marketing dept for a major retailer. Yes, I knew Mother's Day was right around my cruise date, but throw in some just released store dept. revisions in/at the same time frame that cannot be changed, and voila, I'm booked.

I'm already tired just thinking about it.

Just had to vent..

Bless your heart, MG (that's a southern expression, ya know ;) ). Take a deep breath, stop stressing, and get in the mindset that you will go in, do the best that you can do, and then take care of it. If you couldn't get it done, you wouldn't be in the position anyway, right? And, anything that you can get done ahead of time, or anything you can delegate, do it!

And, don't forget, for a whole week in the middle of all that stress, you will be on a cruise ship in the middle of the Mediterranean!!!!!!! Does it get any better than that? :D

Morning, Why Knot! What are you doing cruise related today?

Still trying to find someone who can confirm our hotel location :confused:. Driving me crazy. We're probably okay, but just don't know for sure. It's the Hotel Avenida Palace.

Seriously though, I'm here doing my normal morning checkin with the main board, roll call and ports of call. I should be working. We own our business and I work on Sat. 10:00-1:00. I have a ton I should be doing, but I am not. Tonight and tomorrow, I plan on adding more clothes to the extra closet and work on coordinating to see what I might need for the trip.

Still trying to find someone who can confirm our hotel location :confused:. Driving me crazy. We're probably okay, but just don't know for sure. It's the Hotel Avenida Palace.

Seriously though, I'm here doing my normal morning checkin with the main board, roll call and ports of call. I should be working. We own our business and I work on Sat. 10:00-1:00. I have a ton I should be doing, but I am not. Tonight and tomorrow, I plan on adding more clothes to the extra closet and work on coordinating to see what I might need for the trip.

At least you don't have to worry about the boss catching you on Cruise Critic! :D

Bless your heart, MG (that's a southern expression, ya know ;) ). Take a deep breath, stop stressing, and get in the mindset that you will go in, do the best that you can do, and then take care of it. If you couldn't get it done, you wouldn't be in the position anyway, right? And, anything that you can get done ahead of time, or anything you can delegate, do it!

And, don't forget, for a whole week in the middle of all that stress, you will be on a cruise ship in the middle of the Mediterranean!!!!!!! Does it get any better than that? :D

Nope, you're right. It doesn't get any better than that. I'm taking a vote...who wants to stay with me in Italy and open a gelatto stand?

Thanks Mississippi. I just had to vent. I was/am very overwhelmed. You know how it is, if someone throws one more thing, you won't have any wiggle room to absorb it? That's about where I'm at. I'm at full tilt right now.

I still have Euros to order, international phones to order (rent),medical releases to print and sign so that my mother has authority to get them care in case the kids get sick, paperwork to print (Malta cab and bus info), etc.

I'm just overwhelmed. But isnt' that always the case before a trip of any kind?

Hey MG--I will sell gelato with you!!!

I leave in a week--how did that happen?

My goal is to be completely packed and ready to go by next Saturday morning.

A friend of mine and NCL calmed me down a bit so I am not gonna stress anymore about getting into Barcelona the same day that the ship leaves.

I have to hit the dry cleaners--drop off and pick up!

Hey MG--I will sell gelato with you!!!

I leave in a week--how did that happen?

My goal is to be completely packed and ready to go by next Saturday morning.

A friend of mine and NCL calmed me down a bit so I am not gonna stress anymore about getting into Barcelona the same day that the ship leaves.

I have to hit the dry cleaners--drop off and pick up!

And I will stand on the corner and direct business our way...for the gelato, of course! :D

Richstan, I am arriving in Barcelona Sunday AM as well. Can you share what NCL had to say about that? I'm trying hard not to stress over this...

I cannot believe you are leaving in one week's time, are you getting excited?

Wow, I don't mean to be a downer on those of you flying in on Sunday... Last time we did this itinerary, out of Barcelona, those flying in same day missed the ship due to a strike at the airport. Strikes are so common there, yet thousands and thousands make it to the ship each Sunday with no problem.

Well, I got worried about the capris issue, so I emailed our tour company, RomeInLimo, and asked if capris would be okay for touring the Vatican. This is their reply:

Hi Cindy,

As long as your knees and shoulder are coverd you will be fine.

Jany

Hope this helps!

What about for men? If shorts cover the knee, do you think that's fine? My DH hates being hot, he'll be miserable in pants?

What about for men? If shorts cover the knee, do you think that's fine? My DH hates being hot, he'll be miserable in pants?

He can wear the shorts all day and night anywhere on the ship. If he wants to wear shorts for dinner, he can at the Buffet and Blue Lagoon, but not at the finer restaurants aboard, either free or surcharged. To dine at the finer restaurants, he'll need to have on full length jeans or slacks.

Wow, I don't mean to be a downer on those of you flying in on Sunday... Last time we did this itinerary, out of Barcelona, those flying in same day missed the ship due to a strike at the airport. Strikes are so common there, yet thousands and thousands make it to the ship each Sunday with no problem.

:eek::eek::eek:

Richstan, you are not to worry about this, understand??

He can wear the shorts all day and night anywhere on the ship. If he wants to wear shorts for dinner, he can at the Buffet and Blue Lagoon, but not at the finer restaurants aboard, either free or surcharged. To dine at the finer restaurants, he'll need to have on full length jeans or slacks.

Restaurants? ? ? Huh?

I'd like to know the answer to that. I'd much prefer not touring in long pants.

Wow - never thought about that. Walmart has a blow up version with a fleece cover. The shape of it though didn't seem to be as comfy as the prefilled beany one. It looked like it wouldn't hug the neck right.

Where can you find a good shaped one that you fill with air?

I've ordered one from Rick Steves. I'll let you know what I think when it gets here. It looks different.

We were at our lake home and we had just come back from boating. DH stayed in the boat and I ran inside to get some beer. I came out of the house, holding 4 bottles and when I stepped off the step, I landed on uneven surface. Next thing I knew I was down on the ground with broken bottles all around me. I took one look at my foot and said oh, oh. It was obviously broken, screamed for DD's who were inside and they went and got DH. He casually came up from the lake, thinking it wasn't serious... was he wrong!

Crazy thing is the day before still at the lake home, we had a bunch of people over. We were playing wiffle ball and my FIL almost fell, then I almost fell running to third base. At that point I said, I'm done playing, I don't need a broken bone for our trip. Next day, I broke it. :(

Daring is just shaking her head.

Yeah, yeah, go in June with me.:)

:eek::eek::eek:

Richstan, you are not to worry about this, understand??

Richstan,

I arrive in Barcelona on 8:35 AM on Sunday, what about you?

Restaurants? ? ? Huh?

I'd like to know the answer to that. I'd much prefer not touring in long pants.

I bought my guys a light loose weave tan pant. I call them panama pants. I hope they are OK. They look cool and comfortable to me. Also the Panama shirts too. I don't think that's what they are called but its the kind of dress shirt that does not get tucked in, like they do in South America.

Archived