Life Boat – Assigned based on stateroom Cat.?

AZMB

I do not believe the lifeboat assignments have anything to do with category purchased. It makes sense it would be based on proxmity of your cabin to the lifeboats and the need to distribute all passengers evenly over all the lifeboats.

It would be a really stupid PR move for a cruise line to give better lifeboat accomodation to people who pay for better cabins! That makes no sense at all!

VIP guests do get the best lifeboats. They get to take their luggage and any smuggled booze!

All the lifeboats have motors for small distance travel. The mini-subs are just a different type...they hold MANY more passengers, and trust me, you would fee EXTREMELY cramped if you were ever on one in an actual emergency. Life boats are not comfortable. They are not luxurious. They are not designed to be. They are only for your temporary protection, until you can transfer to another ship.

If you are on a well-traveled route (such as the Caribbean), you would never have to spend more than a few hours aboard a lifeboat, until another ship arrived on station.

In addition to the lifeboats, there are many rafts...these are even less comfortable, but in the event of an emergency, they will deploy automatically, without any human intervention, if the ship sinks. Again, these are only designed for you to stay afloat until other ship(s) arrive, which should be within a few minutes to hours.

If im not mistaken the is the lifeboat for the inside cabins

dixie-belle-cruise-775010.jpg

This is exactly why we ALWAYS book an inside. We could survive for a couple weeks in this lifeboat...All you Balcony people can go in your Submarine type lifeboats...We will be enjoying the sun...

I am going on the lifeboat my dh directs me to. He has figured out just where the gauges are that let crew know how charged up the batteries are...He can direct me to the one with the best charged batteries! Also..."mini-subs" may require more "juice" to keep them running..if they have the same type of batteries as the "cheap seats" guess who will run out first

Life boats have engines, and are lowered and run at least once a month. Very often they are used as tenders in anchor out ports. I believe that the USCG requires regular service of all lifeboats.

In case you were joking,,,,,,,,, never mind!

Life boats have engines, and are lowered and run at least once a month. Very often they are used as tenders in anchor out ports. I believe that the USCG requires regular service of all lifeboats.

In case you were joking,,,,,,,,, never mind!

Yes, I was joking! But then again..being married to an industrial mechanic can have it's benefits! One can have money...but money won't fix anything, that is where the mech comes in!

This is exactly why we ALWAYS book an inside. We could survive for a couple weeks in this lifeboat...All you Balcony people can go in your Submarine type lifeboats...We will be enjoying the sun...

Those booked in suites go on Captains lifeboat.

Those booked in suites go on Captains lifeboat.

Unless you are cruising with this line:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanos

In which case, the captain and crew will abandon ship, and leave the musicians and coast guard to save everyone else, LOL.

If you are unsure exactly how that will work, please watch the safety video:

I'm not sure, but i don't believe they have a Titanic style of boarding life boats where all the poor souls in steerage are locked in there "cheap" cabins while you are boarded first. I'm sure they will be sure to pack champagne in your life boat as well.

I don't know if you meant it or not, but you just posted the most elitist thing i have every read on CC and thats saying something.

Could not say it better!

The better lifeboats are reserved for the pricier staterooms. It is concerning because I'd hope to be with my framily in one of the enclosed lifeboats. They have a better chance of staying afloat especially in rough seas. We consider that when we purchase cabins when the kids come along with us on a cruise.

The better lifeboats are reserved for the pricier staterooms. It is concerning because I'd hope to be with my framily in one of the enclosed lifeboats. They have a better chance of staying afloat especially in rough seas. We consider that when we purchase cabins when the kids come along with us on a cruise.

You don't actually believe this, do you?

I was reading about this thread on another thread and after hearing everyone talk about it I really wanted to read it and now thanks to someone it has been brought back up to page 1 and I just have to say I have been laughing my bu** off.....:D Now to find the Itlaian sheets thread? anyone?:)

Here it is :D:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=962247&highlight=

###

Oh No Say it Ain't so.....You are joking right?:confused::eek::confused:

Archived