How to get from Orlando airport to Port Cavaneral??

kiraryker

We will be flying in a day early so we would need a hotel close to the port - but at 45 Min drive how do we get there - probably rent cars for all of us??

Thanks for any suggestions

rent a car it's about $50 and a easy drive. We did !

:confused:Which rental company would you recommend?

Avis and Budget I know off hand have good rates and do not charge drop fees. I've used them both, however, will be using Budget this August since they are a few bucks cheaper. My Intermediate Car came to $48.03 total (1 day) plus I get a free upgrade using my costco discount. Check out Fatwallet.com under the "Travel Deals" fourm. They have literally TONS of promo/discount codes for all the car rental companies for anyone to use.

Hope this helps!

:confused:Which rental company would you recommend?

Whichever is the cheapest. Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Dollar, and Enterprise are here with shuttles to/from the ship. Just make sure you get a total. Some will try to add a one way charge from time to time.

Hi all! I have a similar question. I'm cruising out of Port Canaveral next summer and we will be flying in a day in advance. We are planning on renting a car and driving from MCO to the Radisson Cape Canaveral. Is there a car rental company that will drop us off at the hotel after we drop off the car?

Hi all! I have a similar question. I'm cruising out of Port Canaveral next summer and we will be flying in a day in advance. We are planning on renting a car and driving from MCO to the Radisson Cape Canaveral. Is there a car rental company that will drop us off at the hotel after we drop off the car?

Hey there~ We did this last Oct, we rented from Avis and kept the car overnight and reserved their shuttle to the port. The Radisson has the shuttle but frankly it was chaos and it was so easy to drop the car off and take their 10:30 shuttle to the port, no long lines and it was quick and easy :) We're going on the same cruise!

Hey there~ We did this last Oct, we rented from Avis and kept the car overnight and reserved their shuttle to the port. The Radisson has the shuttle but frankly it was chaos and it was so easy to drop the car off and take their 10:30 shuttle to the port, no long lines and it was quick and easy :) We're going on the same cruise!

What do you do with the car then?

That sounds like a pretty great Idea! I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep the car overnight. Did they charge you a one way fee? I noticed your posts on the other board! This cruise is going to be great!

• 3 weeks later...
We will be flying in a day early so we would need a hotel close to the port - but at 45 Min drive how do we get there - probably rent cars for all of us??

Thanks for any suggestions

You might want to check with Mears Motorshuttle service to see if they go out to Port Canaveral. You can contact them at (407) 423-5566 or you can visit their web site at www.mearstransportation.com. I am not sure if they do, however, they are a very popular transfer service in the Orlando area. Good luck!

Archived